Peterson Dam

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
riddlervt
Species: Fins and Scales

Peterson Dam

Post by riddlervt »

I got the itch to fly fish - not unusual for me...... So we got some rain and they have been running water for about a week. I don't particularly care
to fish below the dam as it it dangerous wading out to the island below the dam. This was on Monday.The water level seemed near perfect as well as it is that time of the year. The water clarity was off, I fished a few streamers and it appeared to be about a foot. I watched 2 other guys cross in hip waders and one guy got wet. They where float fishing and appeared to be using spawn. Good choice in my opinion. I kept an eye on them to see if they hooked up and n the 2 hours I was there did not see them hook up. I fished from below the trailhead up to the dam. The stairs on the dam to the access road are closed. I spoke to one of the GMP guys and he said it it due to the stair treads being worn and the stairs are too slippery. I was not successful and I did not see a single fish. It was nice to get out! Headed over to NY this weekend for a week at camp. Water is up at the moment and the creek is dirty and flushing out the leaves as we speak. Hopefully some steel followed the salmon in. Tite lines!
Riddler
fishy1
Species: many species

Re: Peterson Dam

Post by fishy1 »

keep chasing.
troutcrazy
Species: crappie, trout, salmon, perch

Re: Peterson Dam

Post by troutcrazy »

Thanks for the report. I poked around the Winooski a little with no fish-- but I wasn't trying very hard or for very long.