Crabman Rides Again!

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
crabman
Species: salmon

Crabman Rides Again!

Post by crabman »

The Crabman is back in body, if not in boat! I have been recovering from total knee replacement surgery for the last few months, but I think it is time to get back on the water.

Grabbed a chance to fish with New Haven Bill today. The day started out with a bit of wind out of the West bringing 2-3 footers on to the Vermont side. We headed into the wind and set out for the Split. Not much action for the first hour or so, then things got interesting. Lines started popping. We changed from blue speedy shiners to green and white, green and black or nearly anything green. Don't tell anyone, but I likes me some green.
Things got a bit dull around 12:45, so we broke out snacks. Bill brought (check his post) a tub of salmon spread and toast points. I brought a pate and cheese. So I started making this little bite of pate, mustard and fig jam on toast...and the lines go crazy! So, being a generous guy, I handed Bill the bite of pate and I jump on the other bite. You know, the one with the fish on the end. Then another line goes off and my nice little, sweet/spicy/savory snack gets shoved frantically into Bill's mouth so he can get on the other rod. So much for our nice little munch time. Bill says I lost two browns at the boat, but he only imagined that I lost them. Todd, you know I never loose browns. Still I am guilty of imagining a couple of giant browns on the line today.
The fish were on and off throughout the day, but the day was perfect non the less. Back on the lake feels pretty good. Thanks for a great day Bill!
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Re: Crabman Rides Again!

Post by raz »

That was a fun report to read. Sorry about the big delicious lost browns...they sure are a treat.
Glad your healed up and ready to fish. Looking forward to more reports.
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
Surprise
Species: FROSTBITING

Post by Surprise »

HEY HEy, Glad you guys got out! And what a ball! I called on the way to the show and see your messages last nite.

Counting down days away...Overall a great show with lots of positive business positions. Hopefully there will be more Frostbite days in the future. ;)

Starting next Wednesday is looking like I gott'a Fish.
Fish On!
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Great report and very glad to hear you are back on the "horse".. Nice to get back on before spring! Hope to read more reports this week...

Thanks for the read.
Matt B
Crazy Ivan
Species: All

Post by Crazy Ivan »

Dave.... Great you got out today, you may have been the missing link to our off season. Sorry about the browns, I guess even if I am in the area i can be bad luck. I had over 30 fish in the boat and not one was a brown..... Doesnt make sence.
Todd
Todd
Dockside

Post by Dockside »

Did somebody say "Green"? Don and Gerry it begins.........
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

Dockside wrote:Did somebody say "Green"? Don and Gerry it begins.........
Great call Ben
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry