A fine morning...

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
homewrecker
Species: salmon,mermaids

A fine morning...

Post by homewrecker »

With days off in my stash from working through xmas I met my special guest (Rob) at Mom's to pick up the boat. We loaded up and headed south to an ultra secret location on the Otter Creek...(ooops). we found little ice at the launch and headed out to calm and warm conditions. We set up with two down and two long at Snake, after one pass we had doubles on the turn.It got slow as we worked our way south. On to Barber where we found tons of bait and fish but could not induce the bite. One more Salmon there and we picked up and shot over to Mile. When we picked up so did the wind as the temperature fell rapidly. we set up at Mile for a brief period but gave in to Mother Nature. It was an excelent day out with Thorny in December fishing an area unfamiliar to me. We ate well as Thorny brought Prime Rib sammies and world fomous peanutbutter crackers washed down with a spiced rum and a cigar...(just a juice for me). We washed some proven lures and an experimental spoonfly that was broken off on the lead line. we ended with 3 Salmon slow bite. On our way in we noticed the creek that was fairly clear in the morning had turned to chocolate milk with some large chunks of sheet ice. Always a pleasure to fish with Rob, thank you. I mght get out one more time before the end of the year, I like to get every inch out of my license...Fish on!
vtfishin
Species: Salmon, Steel, eyes, bass...

Re: A fine morning...

Post by vtfishin »

Great report! I don't imagine that the lake had many folks out on it, must be pretty cool to have it to yourselves! ...no pun intended!
Kamel
Species: Those With Fins

Post by Kamel »

I was anticipating this report!

I met you on the road as I was heading into work. I was pretty sure it was you but since it was still relatively dark out I had to call you later in the moring to verify my Homewrecker sighting!

Glad you got out Dean and thanks for the report!
Image Image The Canned One Image
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Nice report Dean, Glad to hear your getting out, especially on a day I had to plow the driveway! Fishon!
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

Glad you got out Dean. Ya got today and tomorrow on that license...stretch it out!
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
Black Ghost (Ken)
Species: Salmon et al

Post by Black Ghost (Ken) »

Thanks for the report. We plan to launch out of converse in am. Do think there is ice problems at the launch?
Did you say how deep they were biting?

Ken
Black Ghost (Ken)
Thorny

Post by Thorny »

Thanks Dean!
That was my first time on a Smokercraft. That boat took some pretty nasty weather really well. Unfortunately the pics I took did not come out very clearly. My camera got wet a couple of trips ago I think the lens is ruined. The fish were not the most cooperative but still a very nice day on the pond.
Ken
All fish came on mp6's. Blue and silver on a long flat line, smokey Joe on 5 colors of lead and mottled green down 30. Good Luck to all those still fishing. I heard Dean might be back out tomorrow, sure would be nice to see him finish the year with a big one!
Thorny
Captain Rob Thorne
Captain Thorny's Fishing Charters
Rcthorne1@aol.com
Wellsley (Frank)

Post by Wellsley (Frank) »

Thorny wrote:Thanks Dean!
That was my first time on a Smokercraft. That boat took some pretty nasty weather really well. Unfortunately the pics I took did not come out very clearly. My camera got wet a couple of trips ago I think the lens is ruined. The fish were not the most cooperative but still a very nice day on the pond.
Ken
All fish came on mp6's. Blue and silver on a long flat line, smokey Joe on 5 colors of lead and mottled green down 30. Good Luck to all those still fishing. I heard Dean might be back out tomorrow, sure would be nice to see him finish the year with a big one!
Thorny

Thorny, take the battery out of your camera and put the camera in a ziplock bag full of rice. Seal it and don't open it for two weeks. I fell off the dock a couple of years ago with my camera. I did that and presto the camera still works.
Wallyandre (Andre)
Species: salmon, SM, walleyes

Post by Wallyandre (Andre) »

Thorny, take the battery out of your camera and put the camera in a ziplock bag full of rice. Seal it and don't open it for two weeks. I fell off the dock a couple of years ago with my camera. I did that and presto the camera still works.
Excellent trick and it works!! Good for cell phone and all you're electronics
Surprise
Species: FROSTBITING

Post by Surprise »

Way to go guys....

Bought my new License today and maybe hope to get out Sunday or Monday Before Inventory starts Tuesday....

Happy New Year and may all fish be BIG...
Fish On!