November 26th - Meet my friend Sam

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Ludo
Species: Salmon, salmon and trout

November 26th - Meet my friend Sam

Post by Ludo »

Lampreys love my boat. Most of time in Shelburne, I have one of these stuck on my boat. Is it only happening to me ? Now it's proven: They are loving my Lowrance LSS-1:

Oh yes, first brown trout of the season at the end of the video caught while I was filming the lamprey.
brown
brown
Wait... there is two of them in the video, I saw the another one after reviewing the video on my PC. Now it's proven: They are loving Lowrance LSS-1 and my BPR Evinrude motor repaired by Vermont Home&Marine.

After getting our 2nd lakers, a new friend join us, his name is Sam, the orphan. He was separated from the laker we caught after the brown trout. Welcome in my boat Sam.
laker
laker
I think Sam was looking for attention today, it's what he has got. We entertained him all the day. We were trying to know how long he could keep his breath (two hours later, he was still able to dance), how is it easy to remove a tooth, and then, who's the first between me and my cousin will put his finger inside his mouth. (no one have tried)
my cousin with our new friend Sam
my cousin with our new friend Sam
Sam was 21 inches long, he said he prefer laker instead of salmon since they are more present in this bay. He's right. I tried to sell/give him to another fisherman, no one would him.

We crossed the lake to Willsboro to try to find Gecha who's complaining all day long that he didn't catch any fish. My idea was to shoot Sam on his boat :lol: , but unfortunately, I was unable to find him. We did not find friend of Sam here yet.

I have put my camera on a downrigger ball. I have created a movie of my lure at 31feet of deep. You can see the spoon in the middle of the screen. It was a little bit too far away. I hoped for sun to get a better image. Next time I will put the spoon nearer of the camera.

I missed a master angler laker (the one with a dorsal big as my hand), another one have broken our 20lbs test line. We kept 2 of the 3 salmon we caught, 4 of the 6 lakers, 1 brown.
Sam tired
Sam tired
Sam was a little bit tired at the end of the day.

Fished Sherlbune and Willsboro, between 30 and 60 feet, they've bit on every spoon. Lead line was hot in the morning, then downrigger and lite bite were after.

I left Sam inside bag in the garbage at a McDonald. I did not find someone to keep him. I hope he will find a new friend here.
digitroll (ron)

Re: November 26th - Meet my friend Sam

Post by digitroll (ron) »

Nice videos Ludo! Glad your E-tec is running well. Great day on the lake!
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

Sam will find plenty of friends at McDonald's :mrgreen:

Nice...watching the videos. It's amazing how clearly your camera picked up the sound of your motor at 31 feet. Too bad a fish didn't hit while filming. Hopefully next time!
Thanks for the report Ludo.
Glad to see you guys got into some fish!
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
Trackertroller
Species: Cold & Warm Water

Post by Trackertroller »

Very cool Ludo!
My son wants a GO-PRO for x-mas, Maybe he'll let me borrow it in the summer. Happy Fishing!
JEREMY
1987 24' Chaparral
"Plenty of Fish"
Ludo

Post by Ludo »

Trackertroller wrote:Very cool Ludo!
My son wants a GO-PRO for x-mas, Maybe he'll let me borrow it in the summer. Happy Fishing!
I've bought the Oculus underwater flat lens to be able to make better movie, here's the difference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNMxE-fSvHo

The new GoPro is better and improved, your son is lucky :)
Ludo

Post by Ludo »

Digitroll (Ron) wrote:Nice videos Ludo! Glad your E-tec is running well. Great day on the lake!
I was listening your voice, tried to call you but no answer, like Gecha most of time, you were too far away.

E-tec is running well, no more "no oil" false alarm :)
Ludo

Post by Ludo »

Raz wrote:Nice...watching the videos. It's amazing how clearly your camera picked up the sound of your motor at 31 feet. Too bad a fish didn't hit while filming. Hopefully next time!
Maybe the sound is because of the downrigger ball directly connected to the boat, with the camera stuck on it.

I've made a 3min test just to see how the ball is moving and how it was impacting the vision of the spoon. I wanted to know the visibility from 0 to 30 feet on a day without sun. It's pretty green. It could be interesting to have a rainbow of color and see these color at different deep. There is a lot of experiment to do :)
digitroll (ron)

Post by digitroll (ron) »

Makes you wonder about the boats cone of disturbance along with the motor noise. Slide divers / Dipsies / inline planers / planer boards or long leads behind riggers sometimes makes the difference on the big game fish.

Interesting video!
Champlainbaits
Species: Bass - Pike - Bowfin

Post by Champlainbaits »

Great report and nice vid. Hey we should team up some time to work on rigs for our gopro's so we can get those shots of fish hitting.
For some people it's "one more drink" or "one more bet" for me the lie is "just one more cast" :)
lightandvariable
Species: Perch

Post by lightandvariable »

way cool Ludo.
voyager
Species: whatever's biting

Post by voyager »

Ludo,

Great video's, your camera is unbelievable. I really like the second video. You are correct, the water is surprisingly green and some experimenting is in order. It would be very interesting to do as you mentioned, put different colored lures down at various depths to see how they look underwater. This would be very informative and probably result in some surprises. I hope you can do it and share the results with us.

Oh,and the story of your new friend Sam is very funny!

Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing....
plantstone

Post by plantstone »

COOOOL!!!! Awesome to be a part in this whole web experience. As mentioned, hope we can all learn a little something as time goes by. Serendipitous events about to unfold. Sam sucks. Get it? Poor Sam. I would've fed him to the roosters.
Ludo

Post by Ludo »

Champlainbaits,
Here the way I mounted it on the ball: screw + ty-tap. And the most important: leader attached on the camera to be sure to never loose this camera. The ball was moving because of the traction of the water on the camera. I should buy another camera case to put it on the other side to avoid that :) I can live with the move.
camera on ball
camera on ball
voyager,

I think the most useful for everyone would be to print a color chart like this one, to plasticize it , and create a movie in 1080p. For each 10feet of water, I think I should make a circle in the water to see the difference in front of the sun, sun on the side and sun in my back.

Wallyandre (Andre)
Species: salmon, SM, walleyes

Post by Wallyandre (Andre) »

I'm very impress Ludo!!

I'm surprise about how noisy are the blades.
Ludo

Post by Ludo »

Noisy because it was hitting the camera (I think).

Next time, I'll put these blades before the spoon, and not on the ball

I forgot !

We saw a laker on the surface with 2 lampreys on it. The fish was trying to swim and to get rid of these lampreys.