MOVING TO VERMONT

General discussion not related to Lake Champlain.
TWOCHECK
Species: saltwater

MOVING TO VERMONT

Post by TWOCHECK »

Due to a family situation on my wife's side,we are going to move to upstate Vermont next summer so I am needing advice on what kind of tackle and gear to bring. I primarialy fish Saltwater but do have a large amount of freshwater gear.My trout gear are all ultralight because I fish the creeks of MT. WHITNEY which are only a few feet deep and maybe 5ft.across.Am I going to need mymedium duty(50-80 lb.) gear for Lake Champlain?
cpmaple
Species: salmon,lakers and catfish

Re: MOVING TO VERMONT

Post by cpmaple »

First question what fish do you want to target? second from shore or boat? In my opinion your ultra lights would be great fun for pan fish and the trout streams. But for bigger game fish I would say you want a heavy rod. Just my 2 cents and many others will have there opinion also chad
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

For salmon trolling medium light action 8-10 foot rods with bait casting reels. Leader size 10-12lb test.
Matt B
fishmaster176
Species: anything with a fin

Post by fishmaster176 »

If you like fishing, you'll love VT. You won't have epic battles with 300 lb. Tarpon, but if you latch onto a 5lb. Salmon with the right tackle, it'll be a blast. Good luck with the move. Keep in touch. This is a great forum for learning the do's and don'ts and the wheres. Fred