5/21

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Tire Jockey
Species: All

5/21

Post by Tire Jockey »

Hit the launch around 3:30 with my buddy Ernie motored over to Town Farm set up two jet divers a #10 and #20 two riggers at 12 and 15 running tight to the ball.
Barley got set up and the #20 jet diver fires off! Nice 3.5 pound silver in the box!

Trolled around for another 45 min and the #10 jet diver fires another nice fat 3.5 pound silver.
Hot colors were orange and silver Great night on the water.

bhf76
Species: salmon

Re: 5/21

Post by bhf76 »

No takers on the riggers?
fishmaster176
Species: anything with a fin

Post by fishmaster176 »

Nice catch. Gotta head south at some point. My comfort zone is the IS and I can be a tad stubborn when it comes to change, but you folks are making the decision quite easy. Thanks for sharing the pics and info. It means a lot to a newbie. Fred
Tire Jockey

Post by Tire Jockey »

bhf76 wrote:No takers on the riggers?
That's what i said last night, the jet divers have been hitting really good past couple of times out.
Tire Jockey

Post by Tire Jockey »

fishmaster176 wrote:Nice catch. Gotta head south at some point. My comfort zone is the IS and I can be a tad stubborn when it comes to change, but you folks are making the decision quite easy. Thanks for sharing the pics and info. It means a lot to a newbie. Fred
I know what you mean about the comfort zone Fred. I'm going to do some exploring this summer and hit some different holes.
bhf76
Species: salmon

Post by bhf76 »

I usually run the rigger balls about 8 and 10 down and 80-100 back with speedy shiners and crazy ivan spoons early in the morning and then run a little deeper in the afternoon when the sun comes up this time of year in town farm bay and we have pretty good luck there. Last time out we caught a hand full of salmon. Most of the hits were along the shoreline closest to the islands near thorpe brook in 12-18 foot of water. Maybe with the water warming they are running a little deeper. Toughest part is finding them.
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Looks like a great evening out there Wayne.. Wish I lived closer to the lake so I could do shorter quick trips like that....

Fred, a few years ago I was stuck on the IS too.. After my 1st trip to Converse I never looked back... I bet since then, I have launched outta Converse more than anywhere on the lake, even though it is a 1hr haul for me....
Matt B
plantstone

Post by plantstone »

Looks like you've been taking full advantage of this season so far - nice reports and silver! I started out with jet divers before I knew about slide divers. Lost my last one during an epic battle with a steelhead -- that fish I landed, but the other rod w/ jet diver got too shallow and caught on bottom. Being in a fish-on state of mind, the fish was more important than tackle at that moment. Lost a favorite HB too. See you on the pond sometime.