storm on 7/19/13

Share info on fishing Champlain.
cpmaple
Species: salmon,lakers and catfish

storm on 7/19/13

Post by cpmaple »

was at the lake fishing from shore with my son when one of the worst wind and rain storms I've been in came by. Trees falling in the camp site and making a mess of the town. went without power from 9pm to 4am this morning helped for a few hours picking up the campsite and launch area so the caretaker who is in his mid 70's didn't have to do it alone. Weird part about it was I was cutting up trees in the campsite and people are asking me do u camp here I said nope I live in town and use this launch so why not lend a hand. was gonna head out fishing this morning but staying up most of the night with the generators to keep them going wore me down maybe this afternoon or tomorrow morning we will go. hope everyone faired ok with the storm best wishes to all have a great day.
GMD52
Species: salmon, trout

Re: storm on 7/19/13

Post by GMD52 »

Blew here on the lake for about 20 min, did some minor limb damage, but nothing serious. Watched the rain line come across from split rock, but turned some, and really only rained about 5 mins here at Long Point. As quick as it came, it left. Changed the air some....
Black Ghost (Ken)
Species: Salmon et al

Re: storm on 7/19/13

Post by Black Ghost (Ken) »

We were on the Burlington waterfront about a half hour after the storm had passed. Very strange erie thing - no wind but waves were breaking on the breakwater and boats on the dock bobbing all around.

Ken
Black Ghost (Ken)