What is everyone using for a landing net?

Share info on fishing Champlain.
KJ Louise
Species: Salmon

Re: What is everyone using for a landing net?

Post by KJ Louise »

I "WAS" using the cabelas extendable up until a week ago, I was changing the netting to the super magnum Rubba when I snapped the hoop..dumb ass!!!
I've also checked out every model there is and finally decided to try the Super Ego, I found it a KTP.
this thing is huge folded down to shortest length it still 6' from hoop thru handle. Extended its over 9'. I am worried about the moving parts though. Like any good fisherman/women I always keep wd-40 near by. The other concern I have is when it's extended will I be able to pick the monsters?

Great question by the way

Steve
pfu
Species: Cold and warm species

Post by pfu »

Last Friday I was out fishing and my EGO S2 net basically broke in two at the push button area when extending to land a fish. To say the least I was not very pleased as it was not very old. When I was back on land I looked up the web site and found a contact and warranty information. I sent an email on Saturday morning and had a response back that same day a replacement was on its way.

I was shocked to hear anything back over the weekend but I guess good companies that care about their products and customers know we are not M-F 8 to 5 kind of folks. Expect the new net to arrive this week. Says something a out the company and great service!
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Glad to hear your getting a new one. Try lifting the handle high and letting the net drop and trapping the fish vertically and lifting it that way if it's a pig. May save net...
tuckhunts87
Species: salmon, lakers, bass, pike

Post by tuckhunts87 »

Raz wrote:I use a 4' by 30' seine net...it helps prevent those unwanted long releases. :lol:
Ha! :ugeek:

haha
(just kidding)
mrwalleye

Post by mrwalleye »

I bought the S2 Slider Medium – Rubber Mesh net this year for Bass Tournaments and love it. It extends from 29" to 60" and can net up to 20 lb. when fully extended and 30lb. When not extended at all. The only downside might be that it's rubber coated so treble hooks can possible get tangled into the mesh under the coating. I haven't had a problem with bass, but a buddy didn't like it for lakers on stick baits because when the started rolling in the net it would buried the hooks. This is their warranty - Adventure Products warrants your EGO S2 Slider landing net to be free of defects in material and workmanship(excluding net mesh) for a period of two (2) years from the date of original purchase. hard to beat for a warranty on a net.
JabberJaws
Species: all

Post by JabberJaws »

fishingmachine wrote:thanks thorny, I drill 2 holes also, it's a good idea,once my dad missed the first hole and the net end went sliding into the lake,fish and all,never to be seen again
I also do this and it works great but I add a piece of a pool noodle with some tape or zip ties and when my kids run the net I can go back and pick it up. Ramel
Quit Wishing Go Fishing
fishhuntadventure
Species: salmon, walleye, trout

Post by fishhuntadventure »

I have a nylon net that my grandfather had that I call the "keeper" net. Very sentimentally attached to it. I use a rubber when for C&R.
Anyway, I extended my grandfather's net to almost 6' with an aluminum tube same size as oem. Spray foam in the handle and hoop tubes makes it float (if needed LOL).
The Office: 1964 Niagara Deluxe, 40hp
Top: I made it
Sonar/GPS: Eagle 480 and Lowrance Elite 5
Line: Seaguar, PowerPro, Excel
Maps: Navionics
Riggers: BigJon
Targets: Salmon, Walleye, more...
Inspiration: Grampa Charlie
The Point: You need to ask?!