DYP #2

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
homewrecker
Species: salmon,mermaids

DYP #2

Post by homewrecker »

WELL FOLKS IF YOU DIDN'T GET OUT OF BED YOU MISSED IT. THE FORCAST WAS FOR HARSH CONDITIONS BUT TURNED OUT TO BE A GREAT DAY FOR A DERBY. AS THE SUN CAME UP ON THE LAKE THE GAMES WERE ALREADY UNDER WAY. AT THE END OF A FEVERISH COMPETITION IN AN 7-8 HOUR WINDOW ALL ANGLERS ARRIVED A POINT BAY MARINA TO AWARD THE TROPHIES TO THIS YEARS WINNERS. AFTER WEIGHING SEVERAL NICE FISH FROM SOME LOCAL CELEB'S INCLUDING, DRAGNBALLS, REELDEAL, EFFIE.AND FISHDAWG.

YOUR 2012 DERBY WINNERS STEPPED FORWARD WITH THIS YEARS TROPHY FISH, A 5.2 POUND SILVER CAUGHT BY THE TEAM OF;

JEFF LIGHTANDVARIABLE AND THE REEL DEAL DAVE!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THEM BOTH.

AT THIS TIME I WANT TO THANK EVERYONE THAT CAME OUT TO MAKE THIS A GREAT FISHING EVENT.

THANKS TO OUR SPONSORS FOR SOME REALLY COOL RAFFLE PRIZES;

POINT BAY MARINA FOR HOSTING THIS EVENT WITH A GREAT PICNIC AREA :D :D

BEN AT DOCKSIDE OUTDOORS :D

JIM AT DATILLIO'S GUN AND TACKLE :D

DALE AT LAKESHORE ACE HARDWARE :D

THORNY LURELOCKERS :D

TODD AND PAT CRAZY IVAN LURES :D

RANDY AND JEREMY FATHEAD BLADES :D

THESE SPONSOR ARE ALL GREAT GUYS AND APPRECIATE YOUR BUISNESS!

ALSO WOULD LIKE TO THANK EVERYONE FOR THE GREAT BBQ AFTER, WOW WHAT A SPREAD.

THOSE OF YOU WHO TOOK PICTURES INSERT THEM HERE AND THANKS FOR DOCUMENTING.

AGAIN THAKS FOR EVERTHING DEAN(HOMEWRECKER)
Crazy Ivan
Species: All

Re: DYP #2

Post by Crazy Ivan »

Wild Fisher Woman with a 7.5 lb laker that rounded out her GRANDSLAM!!!
Predawn aproach
Pointer and sweetpie
Thorney and Hijac
Last edited by Crazy Ivan on Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Todd
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
Sugarpie
Species: All the ones that are hungry!

Post by Sugarpie »

Thanks Dean for all of your hard work! It was a great day and a ton of fun! I'm already looking forward to next year! Thank you to all the sponsors. What a great derby with a bunch of fun fishing folks! I had a super fantastic time fishing with Bill.
To fish or not to fish... NOT TO FISH??? Like that's even a question!!!!
instigator
Species: salmon walleye perch

Post by instigator »

the day started out slow for us, just like last year, but we didnt give up, 5 hrs of fishing and not 1 release
bummer, Paul (voyager) kept hi spirits high and his ass in the comfy chair, I dont blame him, we switched areas and finally caught fish we ended up with 9 salmon, better than a kick in the head, the pressure was on,,, it was fun fishing with paul and the party was a laugh a minute, just ask Todd,,,,thanks to all involved
Dean and the sponsers, see you all soon, Reggie
another comfy chair believer
nwhavnbill
Species: salmon/trout

Post by nwhavnbill »

Thanks again dean for a great event! Congrats to the winners!
Bill
tiny

Post by tiny »

I had a great time fishing with Walt (fishing eagle) on his sweet boat Reel Delight. We launched out of Port Henry and worked our way North. Caught 3 salmon (22",21",18") in about 30 minutes on our first pass through his honey hole, then it was pretty slow until Walt got 2 nice lakers. I got another 17" salmon and then lost a big one on a stick bait. 3 salmon came on riggers 8' down 30' back, other salmon on stick bait 150' back, lakers were both ~15' down and 20' back.
Walt with a 27" laker

Our successful lures

My take home, lake trout is cooking right now and smells delicious
Wellsley (Frank)

Post by Wellsley (Frank) »

Glad to see Walt was able to get the skunk out the boat. Nice looking fish, congrats
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Thanks everyone for sharing your pics. Nice memories to cherish.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
Tire Jockey

Post by Tire Jockey »

Wow! Looks like you guys had a blast! I had to work :( See you all at the LCI :d
fishhuntadventure
Species: salmon, walleye, trout

Post by fishhuntadventure »

homewrecker wrote:...FORECAST WAS FOR HARSH CONDITIONS BUT TURNED OUT TO BE A GREAT DAY FOR A DERBY. ...5.2 POUND SILVER CAUGHT BY THE TEAM OF; JEFF LIGHTANDVARIABLE AND THE REEL DEAL DAVE! AGAIN THAKS FOR EVERTHING DEAN
No, Dean, thank YOU!

This was a fun event and quite rewarding just to be out on the lake with a bunch of great fishermen for a thoroughly enjoyable event. While the weather cooperated and we didn't have to deal with the awful fishing day we had last year in all that muddy water the fact remains: without your proactive efforts and vision to create this event it wouldn't have happened!

I particularly enjoyed the hanging out with everyone at the barbecue. The day started out a little sketchy with ice on the highway but Gerry and I got on the water about 7 and we had some great fishing including an amazing aerial performance behind a diver by a big last fish of the day with 12' of line still out (we couldn't net it and lost it :() and a 10-11# class laker landed by Gerry. All told I think about 7 or 8 for about 16 fish on which I think was a pretty darn good day for a slow day of fishing.

Enjoyed "gadget overload" on gecha's boat and pretty well decided that some techy gadgets are too much even for me (like auto-pilot: noisy; my steering instincts are pretty well automatic at this point without the gadget!). Quite impressed with that newer Lowrance stuff although 3 of them might be too much (then again I have two separate units on MY dash :roll: ) and I still like grayscale sonar best.

Again, thank you, Dean, for putting this together and thank you to all the gracious fishermen like newhavenbill, wildfisherwoman, cowboy, plantstone, and popster for the great eats! Can't wait to do it again next year.
The Office: 1964 Niagara Deluxe, 40hp
Top: I made it
Sonar/GPS: Eagle 480 and Lowrance Elite 5
Line: Seaguar, PowerPro, Excel
Maps: Navionics
Riggers: BigJon
Targets: Salmon, Walleye, more...
Inspiration: Grampa Charlie
The Point: You need to ask?!
Heijac

Post by Heijac »

Awesome time! Thanks for organizing it Deano!
Reel Delight (Walt)
Species: Trout, Salmon, & other

Post by Reel Delight (Walt) »

Frank I already had the skunk out of the boat and I did that the week prior on Lake George. But maybe thats part of my problem, I keep attracting some nice Lake Trout and I can't seem to boat a Salmon.

Yes it was a fun time fishing with Tiny in the DYP. The day started off fairly well and they it slooowed down.
Retired & ready to fish!
Arima Sea Ranger "Reel Delight"
Past President of the Lake George Fishing Alliance
member of the US Power Squadron and USN Vet.
Formerly AKA "Fishing Eagle"