DYP...THEREELDEAL AND REEL DEAL

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

DYP...THEREELDEAL AND REEL DEAL

Post by raz »

The DYP was won by a beautiful Leaping Silver Lake Champlain Landlocked Atlantic Salmon caught by THEREELDEAL (pictured on the left). I believe the weight was 5.2, I'm sure I'll get corrected if I'm wrong.
The 2nd place fish goes to the beautiful stay down-bull dog-Brown Trout caught by REEL DEAL (pictured on the right). This fish, if I remember correctly was 4.10. (correct me if I'm wrong).
Both fish were dandies, fine Lake Champlain cold-water specimens...the fish we all love to target and catch! Congrats to both anglers and to all who participated.

Homewrecker put on a great event...thanks a bunch Deano! We had a beautiful day to fish, the fish cooperated and we couldn't of asked for much better.
Lots of give-aways, great food, and even better company.
Thank you also to Point Bay Marina for allowing us to use their great facility.
Absolutely great seeing everyone there.
Fish on!

I had the pleasure to fish with Dave (DA) aboard his rig Committed. I had only met DA once before, at the Converse ramp last summer. DA was a great partner to fish with and we had an absolute riot. DA and I fished hard the day before and felt confident we would be contenders...it turns out we caught our best fish the day before the event, something many of us have experienced before.
Thanks again for the great week-end Dave...we'll be sure to get out and do it again!
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
digitroll (ron)

Re: DYP...THEREELDEAL AND REEL DEAL

Post by digitroll (ron) »

Great event Gerry and Dean! Super summary. Congratulations to the first and seconds place Reel Deals and the participants. A fine day to fish!
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Great time, great food, great people and great weather... The fishing was much better than last year, I fished with Recordbreaker and we boated 20 salmon with the biggest spitting the hook at 1:45pm south of thompsons... We had a great time with lots of fish in the 20" range, just no pigs...

Thanks for the excelllent event Dean, you really did a fine job! Congrats to both Reeldeal's!!!!
browntown
Species: Ones with fins

Post by browntown »

Way to go Dave and Jeff! We will be gunning for you 'till next year.
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

I almost forgot to mention: Dockside Outdoors was a major sponsor of this event...THANK YOU Big Ben and crew at DOCKSIDE OUTDOORS!
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
thereeldeal
Species: Salmon

Post by thereeldeal »

Great time and the weight seems right to me
Wallyandre (Andre)
Species: salmon, SM, walleyes

Post by Wallyandre (Andre) »

Congrats to the winner and all the others!
Matt
Species: Any

Post by Matt »

Nice fish, great job everyone!
Committed (DA)
Species: Cold water

Post by Committed (DA) »

A great event indeed. Like many before us and many after us, we landed a nice fish on our pre derby fishing trip on friday and was hard to find anything over 22 on Saturday. Great event Dean, thanks so much for putting it on and thanks to all of the sponsors that were listed including Norms Bait and Tackle down in Crown Point who provided Raz and I with Koozies to keep our post fishing refreshments cold. It was awesome to see some old friends again as well as meet some new ones and to finally put names, boats and faces together so that we continue to build this "family of fisherman and women" up.

I know many of you have already had the pleasure to fish with the "Fishing Gypsy" AKA Raz, before and I am pleased to be part of this group now. I had an absolute blast both days trying new spots, sharing tips, lures, and stories, a hell of a weekend on the water. Thanks a bunch Gerry

Raz: Glad to hear the Black and White "custom" Bee is still producing after the weekend . I will be taping up more of the "DA Cop Car" in the future.

Till Next weekend...Fish ON
When I grow up I want to be,
One of those harvesters of the sea.
I think before my days are done,
I want to be a fisherman.
"I'll live and die a fisherman"