4/13 with Big Ben

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Del Gue
Species: Salmon, Pike, Lake Trout

4/13 with Big Ben

Post by Del Gue »

Ben grabbed me in his store yesterday and said "You and I are going fishing on Friday". Me, being the workaholic that I am said "OK". He then put his head down and muttered in a very low voice " we're going for lakers" After taking his temperature and a blood alcohol test I realized he was serious. OK then, It's Lakers! I needed a new rod and reel so he promised if I bought a rod and his last reel (sorry Ivan) from him, I would catch a fish with it.
So Ben, myself and my Dad (Sander Lander) launched in The Kodiak around 7:30 at Apple Island and motored at a brisk 7.2 mph due to unfortunate engine trouble out to Colchester Reef.
Fishing with Ben.jpg
It wasn't long after arriving that we landed our first Laker.
laker2.jpg
Trolled to the the mouth of the Winooski and then back to Sunset with no takers. After crossing west of Sunset and the drop-off we hooked up with our second.
Laker.jpg
It was now 3:00 pm and it was going to take us 45 minutes to get back so we called it a day. Both fish were taken on long lines 150' back with a red, silver and black repala.
Laker1.jpg
Thanks for the ride Ben. Let's do it again.
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will go buy a boat.
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Re: 4/13 with Big Ben

Post by raz »

Good to see Ben got out of the shop and blood was spilled in the Kodiak.
Those "up-north" salmon got to be somewhere?
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
Crazy Ivan
Species: All

Post by Crazy Ivan »

Good to talk to you guys yesterday! I couldnt be happier that you got Ben's last reel and... It caught a fish! You and your dad need to come down and fish in your home town with Millard and I very soon!
Todd
Todd
Del Gue
Species: Salmon, Pike, Lake Trout

Post by Del Gue »

Crazy Ivan wrote:Good to talk to you guys yesterday! I couldnt be happier that you got Ben's last reel and... It caught a fish! You and your dad need to come down and fish in your home town with Millard and I very soon!
Todd
I think that can be arranged!
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will go buy a boat.
Trackertroller
Species: Cold & Warm Water

Post by Trackertroller »

Glad you got some fish, funny thing I had motor problems too, seems as though the marina mixed up the spark plug wires, took me about 15 minutes to figure out, hope your motor comes back into it soon.
JEREMY
1987 24' Chaparral
"Plenty of Fish"
plantstone

Post by plantstone »

A big thumbs up for that trip. Nice looking fish and day.