SEEKING ADVICE (DOWNRIGGER MOUNTING QUESTION)

Share info on fishing Champlain.
FISHCRAZY(LALLY)
Species: ANY FISH THAT WANTS TO PLAY!!

Re: SEEKING ADVICE (DOWNRIGGER MOUNTING QUESTION)

Post by FISHCRAZY(LALLY) »

Fishhunt, I can see where the risers would be a great improvement on your boat. She is a lot like my Yar-Craft with low gunwales. I will probably use the shorter risers on the new rig. I'm leaning towards the Trax for the additional strength added to the teak wood gunwales. They are making me nervouse although they feel solid enough????

I love fishing out of my Yar-Craft above all other boats, but I have also pushed her limits and have eaten many a wave with her and probably would have sunk her 3 LCI's ago if it were not for the bilge!!!!! I'm excited for the new vessel for sure :D Thanks for your insight.
" IN MY EYES ALL FISH ARE CREATED EQUALLY"
vtfishin
Species: Salmon, Steel, eyes, bass...

Post by vtfishin »

I have Bert's tracks mounted on my 19' Mirrorcraft. As you and others have stated, I like the added strength they offer as well as the flexibility. I also use a Bert's riser under my electrics and I made two Al risers for my manual DR's (ran out of time after buying Bill's electrics and bought em). I like having them up higher.

I think the picture above shows a similar setup to Thorny's, his is custom too and he has a nice grill/clean station worked into the design. I checked his boat rigging out at Dockside last week and was very jealous of that set up and boat. NHicely done.

Congrats on the new ride! It looks like a great one!
Wellsley (Frank)

Post by Wellsley (Frank) »

FISHCRAZY(LALLY) wrote:I recently acquired a new boat project!!! :D It was a deal I couldn't refuse and I really needed a bigger boat for Ontario for sure. I have taken too many waves over the bow and stern and this has limited me from taking many people outside of my inner circle that just happen to be as crazy as me!!! LOL .

That being said, I now have a 21ft Bayliner to set up.

I have 4 new Scotty's on there way and I would like some suggestions from those who have recently mounted riggers to their boats.

Should I direct mount?
Should I use a track System?
If so which track systems do you feel are the best?

Pic's would be nice if you are so inclined :D

Thanks in advance.......

OK I'm driving along this morning and I look over and see this boat or that boat. I say to myself I've seen that boat. Then I realize where I saw it. Good luck with the project.
FISHCRAZY(LALLY)

YUP Frank we're practically neighbors :D Stop in sometime if you see my truck...... If you see my truck and a car, don't stop Bahahahahaha!!! No seriously :lol:

If you wanna hook up and catch some fish sometime just send me a PM. I kinda go alot once my busy season is under control with work ;) I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!!!
FISHCRAZY(LALLY)

Ordered the Traxstech stuff today........... Now I'm waiting for a giant shipment of GOODIES!!! (4) Scotty's, (1)EZ Troll assembly,( 8 )more Daiwa Rod-reel combos, A goodie bag from Big Ben (Trailer rollers, shafts, stern light, some Lallygaggers) Guide on's with elevated lights and a new 10.5" HD Hummingbird!!!!

I'm shaking like a lab ready to retrieve a downed duck!!!!! :D
digitroll (ron)

Post by digitroll (ron) »

First time I read this thread tonight. I mostly gaze at the fishing reports if I have time. Looks like your on a good path Rick. I have Trax Tech stuff on my boat and am very happy after 6 years. Nice rig you have.
FISHCRAZY(LALLY)

Thanks Ron and thank you for researching and supplying me the valuable info!!!! I'm sure we will do business together someday ;)

Just a couple more hard work weeks and get past Tax time and I'll be seeing dead fishes!!! :lol:
Wellsley (Frank)

Post by Wellsley (Frank) »

Well compared to the rest of the people on here I guess we are neighbors. But I'm all the way at the other end of the county. I'll keep it in mind and if I see your truck and not the car I'll stop.