Fuel line question??

Share info on fishing Champlain.
Dodger
Species: salmon

Re: Fuel line question??

Post by Dodger »

Gerry, Pat et al
I ended up taking out the swing valve (either / or) and replacing it with a T. After the T, I put an in line anti-siphon valve (in the vertical position) on the kicker line, just above the T from the tank. While I was in the battery boxes, I replaced my batteries with An AGM (group 24) cranking battery. Also put an AGM (group 27) house battery in. Changed out a corroded fuse block and put a 4 gauge common ground between the two batteries. At home, after the winter, the 200 EFI started up on the first crank. My (cold blooded) kicker, started on the second crank. That is a record for that motor, when cold.
Put it in on Winni yesterday. Both engines ran well, individually, and together, YEAH! BTW, when I use to run my kicker, than main, than back to my kicker, my kicker, primer bulb would get soft. With the anti-siphon valve in, the kicker bulb remained hard!
I want to thank each and everyone of you, for your great input on my question.
Can't wait to fish your great lake at the end of this month with the Gray Ghost and company.
Tight lines to all.
Richard
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Richard, glad to hear you restructured your fuel lines and got both your motors now running smooth.
Adding a second battery is always a wise thing to do, specially with boats running downriggers and multiple electronics. Now you have all the power you need, and don't have to worry about voltage drops. I suggest you install a control box between your batteries so you can switch to battery 1, 2, or both, and also shut down the power when boat is not in use.

Now you can concentrate on catching the big ones.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
Dodger
Species: salmon

Post by Dodger »

Thanks Gerry. I always had two batteries, but changed over to the AGM's. After a lot of research, I think the AGM's are an improvement, in recharge, # of cycles, and battery life. They should also be a little safer, where they are sealed. I did bump up my house battery from a group 24 to group 27.
Thanks for the advice on the battery switch. I didn't make it clear, but I already have one, and would not be without it. ;)
Good luck on the water,
Richard
4cs
Species: Salmon, Trout

Post by 4cs »

Hey Richard

Glad you have everything good to go and from the sounds of it fixed a few unforseen problems also, ones that come back to bite you in the a$$ when you lest expect it. LOL Now it's fishing time !!!!!

Pat
Crazy Ivan Lures

http://www.crazyivanlures.com/

Eat, Sleep, Fish and then a Crown Royal