Saturday 5/16 Trollingb's

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
philb
Species: coldwater

Saturday 5/16 Trollingb's

Post by philb »

For the first time since Fathers day last year I finally got the Trollingb's back in the water.

Launched out of Converse and fished Town Farm and Barbers only landed 3 Lakers and had 3 dropped fish. All fish came about 12 feet down on Honey Bees 2 on Mottled Blue/Red and 1 on the Pearl Pink Purple Stripes, other dropped fish came on MP6 in Black and Purple.

Boat ran good and all worked batteries died in fish hawk after about an hour and I had no spares with me. We seen warmest water in front of point bay marina 51.6 degrees 49 to 49.6 around barber.

Even though it was slow for us it was great to get back on the water, we even seen a couple of small flocks of White Winged Scoters

Phil B
tamiron
Species: trout, salmon

Re: Saturday 5/16 Trollingb's

Post by tamiron »

PHILB:

Good to see you back and also sharing as you have always done!
Lures designed by fishermen for fishermen
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Glad to hear your back on the water Phil.... The temp at Barber is very promising, I think that may need some investigation..... :mrgreen:
Matt B
Crayfish
Species: All of them

Post by Crayfish »

Nice report, Phil! My son would be most interested in the scoters, though, not the lakers! He's a big birder. We went laker fishing around Colchester Point yesterday just so he could see the long-tailed ducks that I told him I'd seen out there earlier in the week! (whatever it takes to get him in the boat!) He got some great shots of them. Also saw a few black scoters, but no white-winged scoters.

Oh, we also caught 5 lakers between 24-27" ... all nice fat, healthy fish. All still in the lake getting bigger. In the same area on Thursday afternoon, I took a co-worker out for his 1st Lake Champlain troll and we went 7 for 9, including a 32" Master Angler laker. Started the afternoon off with doubles .... that was enough for him right there, but we managed to catch his biggest fish ever 3 times that evening.

Congrats again, and here's to more successful trips.
tamiron
Species: trout, salmon

Post by tamiron »

Crayfish;

Thanks for sharing!
Lures designed by fishermen for fishermen