Monday 29 th out of converse

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Crazy Ivan
Species: All

Monday 29 th out of converse

Post by Crazy Ivan »

Launched out of converse with my dad at 930. Headed down the shore line to buckwheat and Thompsons point. The screen was crazy with bait and fish down around 60 feet...... But no takers. Fished over to split rock picking up one cookie cutter salmon in the middle of the lake. Fished around Split Rock and Whalens. Finally got some crazy action in tight to gull rock and the point. 12 salmon and countless small lakers. All of the salmon were small but 2 big silvers that were lost in the prop wash. Stories vary on the reason for these two disasters one of which was on a slide diver that came out of the water 75 feet behind the boat with the diver following it 3 times!!!!! We got that one tangled on something and broke the line loosing the slide diver and all. The other big one spit the hook just as I was telling dad to try not to loose that one. Too funny. 90% of our fish were caught after noon. Off by 230.
Water still very warm... 49
While everyone around us was catching salmon on long lines, all of our fish came off the down riggers, tight, 40 to 45 ft down. One rigger with blades the others clean, fish came on everything we put down. Green, orange, copper, silver, blue, black white.... Didn't matter.
Things seem to be looking up.
Todd
Todd
Black Ghost (Ken)
Species: Salmon et al

Re: Monday 29 th out of converse

Post by Black Ghost (Ken) »

Sounds similar to our converse trip on saturday, except fewer fish landed in our case.

I'm heading out to converse on the first 'calm' day this week.

Our lure of choice is my own gray ghost and black ghost streamers. We had most luck 25 ft and up.

Ken
Black Ghost (Ken)
digitroll (ron)

Post by digitroll (ron) »

Fishing is definitely looking up like you said Todd. Great to hear and thanks for the details.
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

The Dang big one gets away... Sounds like a lot of fun anyway.
I was working down that way and pulled it the lot sometime around 2ish? I recognized Randy's rig and wondered how the fishing was.
Thanks for the report Todd.
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
pete
Species: salmon.steelhead,laketrout,bro

Post by pete »

Sounds like a good time. Glad you got out!! :)
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Thanks for the report Todd, great story....