SH 11/10

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Matt
Species: Any

SH 11/10

Post by Matt »

Didn't plan on going today after a nerve block at the Center for Pain Medicine, but my girlfriend had an exam to take for about 1.5 hours, so she dropped me off after my appointment. Didn't fish long, maybe a little over an hour. Nobody was down there, light rain every now and then...good day overall.

Rigged a float setup with a spawn bag about 3 ft below, drifted it way out towards the rock pile, as far out as I could. Float submerged way down towards the tail end right before the rapids, thought it was just the pressure of the spawn bag being sucked downstream, but I set the hook anyway. To my suprise, FISH ON! He dug towards the bottom all the way to the rock. No jumps, and then when I grabbed my net off my back to net him he took off into the deep water.

ZZZZZZZZzzzzzZZZZZzZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzz

Ahh this is what I love!

In the net after a few fast runs, beautiful unmarked fish, real dark as well. Put on one of my last Salmon egg spawn bags I had after that fish, threw it in the same area. Sure enough, right at the tail end...WACK WACK!! Set the hook but nothing....damn :( Left 15 minutes after that, short and successful day.

Will go down tomorrow as well, probably bringing out the waders this weekend, the rockpile has been a real good producer because of the low water. I can't seem to get my spinners and stickbaits deep enough without running into the egdes of the rocks down there. More coming soon, thanks for reading!
plantstone

Re: SH 11/10

Post by plantstone »

UGH, rivers do grab $$$ if your not careful (lures & such) Nice to see the fish still biting. An hour and a half can go by with anticipation or with fierce steelhead battles. Glad you took the later.
bumpnrun
Species: salmon

Post by bumpnrun »

Nice fish matt,Am going out sun,in my boat well,back to work. :lol: BUMP.
Roger Lav
gr8vermont
Species: trout/salmon

Post by gr8vermont »

Another nice one, Matt! Please keep us posted.
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

Beautiful fish Matt.
Best of luck today if you get out.
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry