End of the fishing portion of my vacation, start of hunting!

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Heijac
Species: All

End of the fishing portion of my vacation, start of hunting!

Post by Heijac »

Been busy as heck for the last week. Had a blast at the shootout with Jeremy, though we caught nothing of any size, we did catch quite a few silvers toward the end. Big thanks to Raz for having me aboard his rig last week, and to Thorny, for taking my Dad and I out on tuesday. Yesterday was my last trip before heading up to deer camp, had my friend Tommy along, and we had a pretty good morning. Had one crazy flurry early where twice in a space of about 10 minutes all 4 rods fired at once, and twice a fish pulled a line out of my hand while trying to reset my rigger. We ended up boating 7 of the 8 fish, with 6 salmon, and a fat brown. I was looking to save a load for the smoker, and ended up with 3 keeper salmon, and 2 browns out of about 25 to 30 fish caught. The program for most of the past 2 weeks was to stay in less than 50 fow tight to the rocks in Converse, off Thompson and Cedar Beach points, with all lines set at 24 ft or less. Colors have changed most days, but the fly and dodger on 3 colors of lead has remained hot. Yesterday it was a black and purple dodger ahead of a Captain Midnight.

Maybe if I tag out this weekend, I'll come down from camp and go out again! Good luck to all you other hunters out there...

Salmoneye
Species: Fish

Re: End of the fishing portion of my vacation, start of hunt

Post by Salmoneye »

If I get a chance, I may take a ride up past your camp...

Good luck!
There was a young man from Nantucket...
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

What a great vacation at a great time of the year. You get to enjoy it all Randy.
Good to see you've got some fish for deer camp. Enjoy hunting...see you back on the water soon!
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
lightandvariable
Species: Perch

Post by lightandvariable »

You are one fun guy, Randy Happy trails
plantstone

Post by plantstone »

Surf 'n Turf... Looks like the surf portion ended up well!