Converse Bay 11/5

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
jim
Species: Salmon, Trout

Converse Bay 11/5

Post by jim »

It was a great day to be out on the water. I was a bit surprised to see so many people out this late in the year.

We started out in around 60-80 fow and 40 feet down with two riggers and 0 size divers and some lead line out staggered 20-50 feet down.
I ran watermelon/brass and a holographic looking pink/brass.
We pulled in a hand full of Cisco and a few small lake trout at around 40 feet so we focused on this depth for while with a steady bite until around 11 or so and mostly on the pink lure, but no salmon. after dragging lures around for another hour we had some lunch and decide try running closer to the surface 15-30 feet and range in water from 50-100+ just searching for something to bite. We ended up getting bites again in around 50-60 feet of water down around 15-20 feet. we ended up with 1 salmon in the boat and a few lost while a friends 7 year old son reeled them in(very fun to watch). We also got a very nice rainbow trout. (Sorry forgot my scale) 20 inches in length and fat, on one of the riggers that had been accidentally set to 10 feet down and about 10 feet back. We picked we picked up the salmon and the rainbows at about 2.8mph all on the pink lures.

All and all a great day on the lake.
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Re: Converse Bay 11/5

Post by raz »

Great report Jim....Sounds like a nice rainbow you guys got.
You must of run into a lot of traffic...the 3rd Salmon Shoot-out was on Saturday with many of the boats launching from the Converse launch. Glad you were able to get out!

Thanks for joining LCU! Hope to read more reports!
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
plantstone

Re: Converse Bay 11/5

Post by plantstone »

No doubt a busy day Sat. Glad you found a couple fish. Thanks for the report.