Broad lake 11/6

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
champlain fisher
Species: salmonoids

Broad lake 11/6

Post by champlain fisher »

Well after a long time not being able to make it out on Lake Champlain, I took the hour drive and spent the day out on the water. 1st time in my boat since I used it on Ontario in early Sept. The lake was a bit on the bumpy side and the wind made it suck to control the boat. The area I like to fish this time of year was 2-3 ftrs, there were a lot of fish in that area but it was almost dangerous trolling them there. I opted to stay back out of the rough water and wind some. I managed a few fish and lost a couple. Later in the day the wind and waves started to let up to around a ft or so. The last hour I was out I could hit my honey spot and put 3 quick fish in the boat.

Ended the day with 5 lakers, 2 salmon and a bunch of siscos. Most of the fish came on one spoon, an MP6 honeybee customed taped with halo blue and bright pink tamiron tapes. The siscos liked that spoon as well. Managed one release on the fed-ex pattern, one fish on a similar copy of the first spoon mentioned and 2 fish on an orange/copper sequin/gold blank MP6. I have had some good patterns using Tamirons copper sequin tape. All honeybee blanks today custom taped that took the fish. Fished from 100 to as much as 180 ft of water, the fish were scattered about but most every where I would say 85% of them were 45ft or higher in the water column. I took all my fish with the riggers set at 42 with the spoon 25 from the ball. Surface temp was 52 and stayed there all day. It was a tough day controlling the boat, the bite was so-so and the scenery was awesome. Lake Champlain may be an hour trip for me since I moved this summer but she will be the place of a lot more memories for me thats for sure - what a great system to fish!
Salmon, the other pink meat.
digitroll (ron)

Re: Broad lake 11/6

Post by digitroll (ron) »

Well documented report Darien! We fished that area hard during the shoot-out on Saturday. Capt. Mick I heard took a third place fish in that general area as we had two other boats for company.
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

Great report CF...glad your getting on the lake.
We missed you at the shoot-out!
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
champlain fisher
Species: salmonoids

Post by champlain fisher »

Raz wrote:Great report CF...glad your getting on the lake.
We missed you at the shoot-out!

Thanks guys!

Raz I would have loved to been at the shootout - didn't get home from work till midnight Friday after working 64 hrs in 5 days.
Salmon, the other pink meat.
tamiron
Species: trout, salmon

Post by tamiron »

CF:

Thanks for the report and the great detail! Still need to keep pushing the sharing with all forum members. Take pictures of your lures so that others can get some good feedback.
Lures designed by fishermen for fishermen
plantstone

Post by plantstone »

Great report. Glad those custom spoons caught the attention of fishes. You just might motivate me to make a special spoon or two for my next trip. With great reports and weather hope you make it out for another fall tour soon.