What did we do wrong

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Fishing Junkie
Species: Walley, salmon, brown

What did we do wrong

Post by Fishing Junkie »

Saturday i was at sandbar. We fish with honeybees, rappala. We fished from 11:00 to 5 and got only two little pikes. We fished 20 ft down in 35 fow. 2,4 2,8 mph.

Is the sandbar a good place to fish this Time a year?
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Re: What did we do wrong

Post by Reelax »

I would have spent more time over deeper water. Best of luck
Del Gue
Species: Salmon, Pike, Lake Trout

Post by Del Gue »

I fished there Saturday as well. Put on the water at 7:15 am and packed it in at 4:00 pm. Fished East, South and West of Cedar. Fished all along Sandbar and up the East shore. Trolled all the way to the north point of Savage, turned and trolled all the way back to Cedar staying closer to Savage, Fish Bladder and Cedar. Fished water from 40' to 160' deep, fished at depths of 15' to 80'. Fished where I saw bait fish around 90-50', fished where I saw no bait fish, fished where I could see the current, fished where there was no current. Fished all colored spoons and styles, fished with three different sized dodgers with flies. Fished speeds from 2.2 to 3.0.
All totaled 2 salmon, 1 Pike and a yellow Perch. Caught the first salmon at 7:45 am off of Cedar (20 inches) and the second off Savage around 2:00 pm (12 inches). Hate to say it but I am glad to hear you had trouble to. I thought it was me. Beautiful day but VERY slow.
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will go buy a boat.
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

I agree with Reelax about spending time over deeper water.
I'm sure the Sea will pick up soon...it'll be red hot before the ice forms.
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
Fishing Junkie
Species: Walley, salmon, brown

Post by Fishing Junkie »

Thank you guys, it is really appreciated and it gives me a reason to go back. I will keep me informed on the forum and will post picture of my next fishing day on your lake. I love lake Champlain, so beautiful.

Thanks!