My Vacation, so far!

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Heijac
Species: All

My Vacation, so far!

Post by Heijac »

Started my month long vacation last sunday aboard the Reelax in the sea. Since then, I have been out every day out of Converse. The bite is still on the slow side, with no temperature break in the water column. Was fishing near Instigator the other day, and his probe read 55 on the surface, and the same at 70 fow. Covered alot of water over the course of the week, found lots of bait and fish, but not too much action, and very few salmon over 15". The only pattern I have noticed is that copper has outfished chrome, even on the sunny days. Fish have come anywhere from 60 ft up to the surface. We did wander in to an active pod of salmon yesterday afternoon off Thompson, we picked up 7 in a couple of hours, but again, few keepers. Overall, yesterday was definitely our best day, with about 10 lakers, 9 salmon, and a couple of ciscos. Took the day off today, but will be back out after them tomorrow!
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Re: My Vacation, so far!

Post by raz »

I was wondering how your fishing vacation was going. Keep after them and PLEASE keep the rest of us unable to get out, informed!
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
MarknFish (Mark)

Post by MarknFish (Mark) »

Randy - enjoy the time on the water and thanks for keeping us informed. Next weekend will be the first time I've fished since beginning of August. Needless to say I'm jealous of your month off!
dreamcatcher
Species: Champlain Fishes

Post by dreamcatcher »

Randy; it was good to meet you and chat a little yesterday at Supercaps. You guy's did pretty well, we Jeff and I did a slam with a laker,brown,salmon,rainbow and of course cisco's, but like you say nothing to big. Good fishing if you go out tomorrow! :)
KEN K.
Salmoneye
Species: Fish

Post by Salmoneye »

If I know I'll have company, I'll head out in the AM if the wind permits...

I have sooo much stuff that needs washing...
There was a young man from Nantucket...
digitroll (ron)

Post by digitroll (ron) »

A one month fishing vacation? You must work for IBM! :mrgreen: I remember those days with 5 weeks of vacation. :mrgreen:

Thanks for the reports Randy! Good luck this week and the shoot-out.

R
Surprise
Species: FROSTBITING

Post by Surprise »

Thank's for the report and look to see/talk to you sometime this week. Hope to fish Wednesday- Shootout Saturday. Round e'm up ! R
Fish On!
Crazy Ivan

Post by Crazy Ivan »

Randy,
The spot that you are referring to yields big fish after 335 pm and you must have peanut butter and salteen crackers on board.
Todd
Todd
pete
Species: salmon.steelhead,laketrout,bro

Post by pete »

Wish i was you! Fished sat from sunrise until 3ish. Worked from garden to the mansion did a pile of ciscos and a few small lakers. Fished snake den area sunday from 10 till 4 a few ciscos and two lakers in the 5-6lb range. Did not get a single salmon. Marked bait balls close to the shore only. Fished 30 ft and up. Keep us informed!! Both lakers came off a perch colored 20' jet diver one towing a spinner rig the other a laker size stinger superman as a flasher and a coper red stinger scorpion 12" behind. Got to try diffrent things my friend Matt is good at that!!