It's about that time

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Matt
Species: Any

It's about that time

Post by Matt »

Those few days I fished I had some good results with a few spawn bags I tied up. Randy was gracious enough to give me some eggs since the only Female LL I landed I released, so I spent all night seperating them from the skein to get ready for tying. After an hour of meticulous work...the result!

Ready for my Master Angler Steelhead !!

Finally the weather (kind of) is allowing me to meet up with Lawrence from VPT to shoot some footage tomorrow at the Hole. Hopefully I'll hook up and not get skunked!

On a side note, if anyone is generous enough to save eggs from any Salmanoid they get within the next few weeks I'd be glad to take them off your hands to use this Winter for some Steelhead. Can never have enough spawn when it comes to Steel! :lol:
WildFisherWoman
Species: The Toothiest N Meanest!

Re: It's about that time

Post by WildFisherWoman »

Wow! Thats dedication there!
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived"
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

Great photo...
What happened at the hole with VPT?
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
dreamcatcher
Species: Champlain Fishes

Post by dreamcatcher »

Matt those eggs look great. I'm wondering do you soak them in "Ovadine" before you cure them?
KEN K.
Matt
Species: Any

Post by Matt »

dreamcatcher wrote:Matt those eggs look great. I'm wondering do you soak them in "Ovadine" before you cure them?
I don't cure them since I'll use them within days, but I'll look into that. I don't have any experience with curing so.....it's something I'd need to learn maybe if I got a huge female Laker or Salmon in the next few days.