Willsboro solo Wednesday "Fast and furious"

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Re: Willsboro solo Wednesday "Fast and furious"

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Great post Ron. Congratulations for your busy day on the water.
The autopilot sure helps when riding solo.
Looking forward to see you again at the frostbite.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

Way to go Ron....nice bright quality silvers....
Excellent report, must of been a very fun trip!
I'm jealous.
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
drachma
Species: Salmon, Lake Trout

Post by drachma »

Ron,

Great job. You really tuned them in.

Michael
JabberJaws
Species: all

Post by JabberJaws »

Ron glad you got into them looks like you had a great day. Ramel
Quit Wishing Go Fishing
digitroll (ron)

Post by digitroll (ron) »

Thanks folks.

The autopilot is just like a fishing rod / GPS / downrigger / or Sonar. It's a tool in the tool box that really enhances the trolling experience. It frees a person up whether with 3 people in the boat or 1 to set up riggers or slide divers or the driver can simply walk away after setting a course and net his buddies doubles while fishing 3.

It really works when in "blood bath" mode on Kings on Lake O in the Spring at the Bar believe me! :mrgreen:

It sure is a better alternative to doing circles when fighting a fish solo.
Brian
Species: fin fish

Post by Brian »

Good report Ron! Sounds like it all came togther for you this trip, good deal. You need a live well, ha ha.
Got bass thumb?
WildFisherWoman
Species: The Toothiest N Meanest!

Post by WildFisherWoman »

Looks like a great day. Great job!
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived"
dreamcatcher
Species: Champlain Fishes

Post by dreamcatcher »

Ron; great job out there yesterday, I heard you on the radio. I started at Ausable up to the southern end of Schuyler and over to Fairis Rock, the only thing I was getting was lakers, couple releases no one home horizonals one side the other side running clean. Ran no deeper than 45ft. Think I was running to slow 2.2 to 2.7 just could'nt get it done on the salmon but it was a great day to be out there! :) Again great job well done!!
KEN K.
digitroll (ron)

dreamcatcher wrote:Ron; great job out there yesterday, I heard you on the radio. I started at Ausable up to the southern end of Schuyler and over to Fairis Rock, the only thing I was getting was lakers, couple releases no one home horizonals one side the other side running clean. Ran no deeper than 45ft. Think I was running to slow 2.2 to 2.7 just could'nt get it done on the salmon but it was a great day to be out there! :) Again great job well done!!
Ken,

I was wondering who the boat was off that point north of Schuyler in the distance aways off. It was a really nice day to be on the water. Are you fishing the shoot-out?

R
digitroll (ron)

Brian wrote:Good report Ron! Sounds like it all came togther for you this trip, good deal. You need a live well, ha ha.

Nice to hear from you Brian. My livewell is a holding tank for lure storage and delivery systems and it's plugged so no water can get in. The bucket works pretty good! :mrgreen: Kids' love it.
dreamcatcher
Species: Champlain Fishes

Post by dreamcatcher »

Digitroll (Ron) wrote:
dreamcatcher wrote:Ron; great job out there yesterday, I heard you on the radio. I started at Ausable up to the southern end of Schuyler and over to Fairis Rock, the only thing I was getting was lakers, couple releases no one home horizonals one side the other side running clean. Ran no deeper than 45ft. Think I was running to slow 2.2 to 2.7 just could'nt get it done on the salmon but it was a great day to be out there! :) Again great job well done!!
Ken,

I was wondering who the boat was off that point north of Schuyler in the distance aways off. It was a really nice day to be on the water. Are you fishing the shoot-out?

R
Yes Ron I'll be bring my neice's husband along "Nate", you sold him a boat this spring or summer, another happy customer! ;)
KEN K.
Shake-n-Bake
Species: coldwater

Post by Shake-n-Bake »

Nice report Ron,
Looks like your set up nice to battle the elements, nice looking rig! Continued success to you!
See you on the pond!
vtperchman
Species: all

Post by vtperchman »

nice job
Brian
Species: fin fish

Post by Brian »

Digitroll (Ron) wrote:
Brian wrote:Good report Ron! Sounds like it all came togther for you this trip, good deal. You need a live well, ha ha.

Nice to hear from you Brian. My livewell is a holding tank for lure storage and delivery systems and it's plugged so no water can get in. The bucket works pretty good! :mrgreen: Kids' love it.
I was pretty sure, as a former Sea Nymph owner, that you did indeed have an live well. I was also pretty sure it was filled with tools of your trade ;) , not water!

Ron, great to see that Paige is a VT Trophy Angler! Nice cisco and photo. Congrats all around!!!
Got bass thumb?
tamiron
Species: trout, salmon

Post by tamiron »

Great work!
Lures designed by fishermen for fishermen