Willsboro solo Wednesday "Fast and furious"

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
digitroll (ron)

Willsboro solo Wednesday "Fast and furious"

Post by digitroll (ron) »

Report updated!

Landed 15 fish all lake trout and salmon. 3 for 4 on quality salmon. (All fish released)

Here we go:

Started at the Winooski launch at 8:30 am and with a smooth ride across I started setting up around 9:00 am. south of Schuyler. Today using the new digital autopilot fishing solo came in handy! Right away I had doubles and the first was the largest salmon of the day at 22.5" and a solid 4 lb fish! Jumped on a cheater down 15 feet almost in the back of the boat. Orange mooselook imitation I think it was an acme or some knock-off brand. Fish was in and out of the net twice and jumped 3 times. What an adrenalin rush to start the day! It was a total rigger bite with blades on one side and no blades on the other and all the fish were taken high today from 18 ft to 25 ft. Very narrow window. I kept the GPS speed at 2.7 and the probe at 2.5 all day never had to adjust it. Fathead specials crushed them the last few hours. Surface temp. was 57.5 degrees down to 50 feet very uniform.

Pulled em at 3:15 pm and had a short and nice ride on calm water with the autopilot guiding me back to the river at 27 mph and a fuel burn of 4.2 gallons per hour at 4,200 rpm's. Today fuel burn for 6 hours: 4 gallons! Matt I need to get you out on the pond this Fall! Your success at the Salmon Hole is just incredible!

It was nice to release all these fish for someone to enjoy another day. Great care was taken with a 5 gallon bucket with water to keep them alive until I took a picture of them on the floor. Then I handled each fish for 1-2 minutes in the motor bubbles and let em go! :mrgreen:

Over and out!

Today's video 1 minute 3 seconds about mid-day before all hell broke loose!

22.5 " solid 4 lb salmon!

Last edited by digitroll (ron) on Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:37 am, edited 10 times in total.
Wallyandre (Andre)
Species: salmon, SM, walleyes

Re: Willsboro solo Wednesday "Fast and furious"

Post by Wallyandre (Andre) »

Nice to look and hear!

Great news!
tealtumbler
Species: LLS, Lakers,Steelhead

Post by tealtumbler »

Sweet, nice to see some fish turning on. I like the solo fishing, can get pretty crazy as a one man show when the fish want to play. This area has been good to me, looks like decent weather too. Hope to get out there this weekend myself. Thanks for the report.
Matt
Species: Any

Post by Matt »

That's awesome! Grats on all the fish, sounded like you had a blast.
nwhavnbill
Species: salmon/trout

Post by nwhavnbill »

Great to see some real fish ron! Great Report and kudos to 15 fish being solo nice work.
Bill
Bill
dragnballs
Species: if it swims, Iwill fish for it

Post by dragnballs »

nicely done Ron!!!!! I was wondering how things were going for you today with the nice weather, and it looks like they went just fine!!!
Kevin
TUnamas

Post by TUnamas »

Great day! I don't know how you manage not only photos but video too when solo. I'm usually working to hard to keep the lines clear and the boat somewhat straight!! Orange, and shallow...time to renew my thinking!!
Question: When running under 20 feet, how far back are you typically dropping from the blades?
digitroll (ron)

Post by digitroll (ron) »

Tight to the blades and 20 feet back on the clean side. I really screwed up by fishing under the fish a few days ago with the kids for a few hours late Sunday. Should have been up high!

The autopilot really makes rigging easy, taking photos, netting fish, and shooting video. I really don't know what I would do without it. :mrgreen:
MarknFish (Mark)
Species: All

Post by MarknFish (Mark) »

Ron - great report and it's good to see some nice fish come to the net. Haven't been over to Schuyler yet this year but maybe sometime soon. Probably be a year or two before I splurge on the auto pilot but it's high on the list.
lazycs

Post by lazycs »

nice going Ron, wish i could have joined you..
Surprise
Species: FROSTBITING

Post by Surprise »

Nice view and I hope you marked those fish for the Shootout!

Renewal on the Trophy?
Fish On!
fishmaster176
Species: anything with a fin

Post by fishmaster176 »

I've sat at home several times because I can't do it all in the boat. That autopilot sounds bettter every day.
Great haul for the day. Must've been exciting as hell.
Thanks for the report. It keeps me fired up.
Fred
Sleepswithdafishes
Species: coldwater

Post by Sleepswithdafishes »

Nice Ron!!! Good to see the quality fish and numbers!! Looks like things are heating up !!! Sleeps
plantstone

Post by plantstone »

Nice Read & Photos. Cheers to Catching some healthy fish.
odysse68
Species: walleye, salmon

Post by odysse68 »

Ron thank you for this report. Now with this report I do not know where I will go fishing this weekend. Walleye or salmon? Next week I will be outside the country. I will miss the shoot out this year. :( :( :(