Sunday 10/23 pm Split Rock TR

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
TUnamas

Sunday 10/23 pm Split Rock TR

Post by TUnamas »

Serenity Now got a late launch and hit the water at 11:30. Two small salmon released before reaching Split Rock down 30 on G&T behind blades. A few boats already working Whalon's so I headed to Cannon. A couple of small lakers, and a few pockets of good bait, but pretty slow. Turned back towards Split Rock and started picking through lakers again. Almost half way across I found a big bait ball. As soon as it graphed, both rods went off heavy. After losing a BIG one on Saturday, I was ready, but it was chaos. Single handed, boat in neutral, heavy fish on both rods running over under and across, and two manual riggers still down 30. One rod still in the holder losing line, both riggers now up. As I get the first line up, I see two big lakers. Net them both. The other rod's still tight. Work that one up, and I have a third big laker and a smaller one. Net them both. Total: Three 9 lbrs and a 7lbr. Only two fish I caught on the cheaters all weekend! Ended the day w/o another silver. Didn't lose as many fish as Saturday, but still had a few drive-by's that didn't hook. No snakes.
Crazy Ivan
Species: All

Re: Sunday 10/23 pm Split Rock TR

Post by Crazy Ivan »

Way to go Scott. Sounds like alot of fun. I was out Sunday as well. Hit the water at 4pm and fish until dark. Lots of nice things starting to happen sound that area.
Todd
Todd
plantstone

Post by plantstone »

Sorry you lost a big ONE! And two big guns firing at once... Cool beans. Hope to hear more from the Serenity soon.
Matt
Species: Any

Post by Matt »

Sounds like things are heating up Scott, if you went solo you coulda called, I would have been your designated netter :). Or not, I was too busy losing fish at the Hole :(
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

Sounds to me like you managed some big fish and more than one at a time...all while being solo.
Great job, cool stuff!
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
MarknFish (Mark)
Species: All

Post by MarknFish (Mark) »

Solo always make things tougher but sounds like you've got it down. Is water temp still around 59? Sounds like it will drop a bit by this weekend as snow is coming.
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Sounds like the lakers are on... and suspended... Hope to see you down there this weekend...

Thanks for the report Scott.
Matt B