Sat and Sun

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
pete
Species: salmon.steelhead,laketrout,bro

Sat and Sun

Post by pete »

Fished out of Converse sat am with my friend Matt. Got on the water around 8am motored right over to Waylons bay and set up. Ran one rigger at 30 the other 40. It didn't take long before we got action. A db smelt orange back purple front on a sliding cheater was hot. Matt put a orange coyote on a 30' jet diver you couldn't keep anything orange in the water perch, cisco, salmon and lakers were hungry. Also were getting fish off a black/purple white back mp6. We had Waylons to ourselves, but i just couldn't help from using the radio. Wasn't long before other boats started to show up. The bite started to slow a little and the trafic was picking up so we moved north. Set up In meach and trolled north running lures in the 40 feet and less range. We didn't mark much untill we got near Quaker smith and it all changed. I had put on a purple pink on silver northern king and was running it 40' down pop the rod went off started to real nothing i thought it was on the cheater when it shot out of the water a nice silver the fight was on lots of jumps the last jump 20' behind the boat it was off. We kept after them for a few more hours and managed some more 15-16" salmon and a 5lb laker that thought it was a salmon this fish put up a fight!! All for all we lost count of how many fish we boated.
Launched sun around 8 am fished off red rocks marked bait but could only get cicos fished out past rock dunder nothing. Motored over to Quaker smith and did one 15-16" salmon and a small laker. One other boat showed up we saw they had a fish on and lost it. A slow day!! :roll:
Surprise
Species: FROSTBITING

Re: Sat and Sun

Post by Surprise »

Glad to hear someone is fishing north of Converse. it's a big lake and there are lots of places for sure. I love to prospect when everyone is fishing one spot....Fish On!

Hope you make the Shootout ! Randy
Fish On!
Salmoneye
Species: Fish

Post by Salmoneye »

Hmm...

Someone suggested you were out and about with T-Karl's son today, or at least in the same area...
There was a young man from Nantucket...
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

Great stuff...great day to be out!
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
dreamcatcher
Species: Champlain Fishes

Post by dreamcatcher »

Pete; that sounds good great report things are starting to happen! :)
KEN K.
pete
Species: salmon.steelhead,laketrout,bro

Post by pete »

Kirk didn't make it had a little too much fun the night before!! So i went to his spot and found his fish.
Tire Jockey
Species: All

Post by Tire Jockey »

Nice work Pete!
I went out with my neighbor yesterday, 2 salmon 2 lakers a bunch of HUGE perch and a pile of ciscos.
Missed a really nice one on the 20 jet, silver orange needle fish was hitting really good! :P
Crazy Ivan
Species: All

Post by Crazy Ivan »

Great report. We also di one salmon yesterday on a black and purple mp6 very late in the day.
Todd
Todd
plantstone

Post by plantstone »

Glad to see you still putting that boat to use. Enjoy these dog days of fall on the lake.
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Sounds like Sat was a hell of a time Pete... Thanks for the report, and hope to see you at the shootout...
Matt B