1st Annual Adirondack Bass Club Ice Ball

Check and share here for the latest Bass fishing reports.
NY Ranger
Species: Bass

1st Annual Adirondack Bass Club Ice Ball

Post by NY Ranger »

For all of you diehard Champlain bass fisherman, Adirondack Bass Club will be holding our first annual Ice Ball November 6th out of the Ticonderoga boat launch. I have attached a link to the flyer on our club's website. Though it hasn't been changed yet, the fish limit has been changed to 5 so that if someone desries to fish alone they will have the same chance to win. Blast off will be determined at the launch prior to the tournament.

http://www.adirondackbassclub.com/
NY Ranger

Re: 1st Annual Adirondack Bass Club Ice Ball

Post by NY Ranger »

So is anyone even contemplating going and having it for the day? I know that as long as the weather is tolerable I'm headed out for one more day of fishing.
vtbass
Species: Bass, Northern Pike, Muskie

Post by vtbass »

Looks like that could be a fun tourney if the weather's not too nasty! Wish I could do it, but I'm spoken for that day :)
NY Ranger

Post by NY Ranger »

Good looking forecast for Sunday boys and girls! Hope you come out to fish with us!
KAJ

Post by KAJ »

What won?
NY Ranger

Post by NY Ranger »

I don't have all the official numbers yet, but I know that two sacks went over 18 pounds for 5 fish yesterday. Last I heard the lunker for the day was up to 5.85. Weather yesterday was horrible! It wasn't overly cold but that dam wind blew better than 20 MPH plus all day out of the south. Our plan was to head north of Crown Point and try and get on a smallmouth bite expecting the water temps to have dropped. And boy had they ever.

Our first stop for the day was the rock piles north of the bridge. By the time we blasted off and arrived the wind really kicked up. I no sooner shut the main engine down and dropped the trolling motor when a wave broke over the bow. I knew it was going to be tough. We moved toward the protected side of the shore but found it empty of fish.

Our next move was to fish up along the Vt shore from Champlain Bridge marina and hit some of the protected, rocky bays. Again we found them empty.

Moved south towards Laphams and Leonard bays. Again nothing. Water temps were anywhere from 39 to 48 degrees.

Eventually went back to Ti for the last couple of hours. Fished around the Fort for the last 3 hours. Managed to pick up 3 keepers that went 7.5 pounds. 2 fish came on a chatterbait and the third came on a square bill crank. We worked a 8 foot channel with a weed edge and were getting hit on the outside edges.

When I get the results I'll make a post and add some pictures of the day.
KJBisFishin
Species: bass

Post by KJBisFishin »

Can I join at any time? The bridge just opened today and I think I might have some weekends off for a change.....by the way I was able to get Saturday off and headed up to Mallett's Bay to attack the SM. Caught 4 SM, largest 3lbs, avg 2lbs and one LM about 3lbs...long drive for that amount of fish.

Maybe I'll see you guys this Sunday.

Kevin