Thursdays Report

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
plantstone

Thursdays Report

Post by plantstone »

Trusted NOAA's report though gusting heavily in Williston. But with a crew, decided to push on. Launched from Lewis and looped stone house past diamond to NY north to ball grabber over to Thompsons back down south. 2 baby lakers 18-20" One down 22' , the other down 70'. Back in for another day

Fished 20 - 80 '
Surface TemP 53-55
All kinds of lures.

Did I forget to mention my mother is from Ontario, which makes me 1/2 Canadian, & 100% approved to wear a bright orange suit!

Though the weather gusted and a few fronts passed by the NOAA forecast was right, Calm morning (no swells, barely chop) and as we were pulling off about 2, a steady SE breeze was picking up momentum. This video was just after a rain squall passed from westport onto vt. Video starts looking towards westport/ snakeden.

raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Re: Thursdays Report

Post by raz »

Is that a Mustang Survival suit? Those save lives. Great choice during cold weather fishing!
The vid shows calm water sure enough...I'm thinkin' of heading that way today myself.

Thanks for your report!
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
Thorny

Post by Thorny »

Hi Forrest
Frostbite season is almost here. You can throw NOAA out the window. Looking good in the suit! Thanks for the report.
Thorny
Captain Rob Thorne
Captain Thorny's Fishing Charters
Rcthorne1@aol.com
pete
Species: salmon.steelhead,laketrout,bro

Post by pete »

Nice forest! I hope to be after them this weekend!!!
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Nice video and laker... Thanks for the report... Sorry to hear you didn't strike silver.

Fish on!
Matt B
TUnamas

Post by TUnamas »

Covered some water, good effort. Looks like conditions were pretty good too. I've found bait and silver surprisingly scarce in that area this fall, so I don't think it was the suit that scared 'em! Anyone else think the suspended lakers seem skinnier than usual so far this year. I hope there isn't a bait issue developing.
Tire Jockey
Species: All

Post by Tire Jockey »

Nice! Saw you go by the shop yesterday afternoon, I need to get back out there soon! :mrgreen:
fishingmachine
Species: salmon,Lake trout

Post by fishingmachine »

if you don't like NOAA,check out Windfinder.com for the burlington area
digitroll (ron)

Post by digitroll (ron) »

What a strange day Thursday was Forrest. I was with the kids off from school (no fishing this week as I was Mr. Mom for a day). The wind was howling up here in Essex / Burlington and I was wondering if the equipment was broken at Colchester reef as it was reading single numbers during the mid-day hours.
popster
Species: Salmo Salar Sebago

Post by popster »

Ron.... I'd say Colchester data was accurate. Burlington had relatively light winds most of the day. We were out from 9--2 with a sl chop.
Bill
"POINTER"
digitroll (ron)

Post by digitroll (ron) »

The Golden Golphers looked pretty good last night Bill against the Cats opener. Watched a bit on NESN.
plantstone

Post by plantstone »

Oh Yeah! That is a Mustang Survival suit. My best ebay score yet. Warmth & Protection!

And the wind... no doubt. I'm in Williston village. Trees were bent over 30' + above with wind. But NOAA & Reef data insisted otherwise. And with another to help with set up, it seemed worth going down. Surprised us to find calm waters. But as forcasted, the wind moved in steady around noon and chop turned to swell and we were out.

Honked at you Wayne. Put 2 & 2 together and figured that was you. Nice locale.