Salmon River 10/15

Share info and fishing reports from Lake Ontario.
champlain fisher
Species: salmonoids

Salmon River 10/15

Post by champlain fisher »

Made a day trip this past Friday to Pulaski and had a great time. Kings all over the place and plenty of chrome steelies have entered the river as well. Landed 3 kings and a small steelie that jumped a good 3-4 ft out of the water several times. Lost track of how many fish I had on. Did hit a couple real good size steelies but couldn't keep them on. They were red hot and ready to scream the drag. Thinking I will be doing another day trip Tuesday, all the rain has swollen some of the streams around Watertown.
Salmon, the other pink meat.
Cas
Species: the kind that swim

Re: Salmon River 10/15

Post by Cas »

Friend of mine is there for three days now. Sounds like he's there at the right time. Looking forward to his stories.
________
Mike
MarknFish (Mark)
Species: All

Post by MarknFish (Mark) »

CF - thanks for reminding me I need to get back out there someday. Been like 10 years or so, but nothing beats chasing river steel.
champlain fisher
Species: salmonoids

Post by champlain fisher »

Cas - your friend should have a blast.

Mark - 10 years, wow. I would be jonesing so bad. I have been going out several times a year now for the past 16 years for both the river and the lake.

On a safety note - ended up helping drag another angler out of the river on this trip. He stepped in a deeper hole when fighting a fish and went down in the current. Luckily there were enough fgolks around to get him out quickly. No fish is worth dieing for. When out be aware of conditions and surrondings!
Salmon, the other pink meat.
Matt
Species: Any

Post by Matt »

Nice! Everyone I talk to that fishes the Salmon Hole every year usually takes a trip to Pulaski to enjoy the great fishing they have over there. I've also heard of quite a few people trying to go into too deep of water and being taken under and swept downstream...some people underestimate the current beneath he water because they can't see it, even I've done it on the Northern Winooski.