Huge salmon near grand isle

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Ludo
Species: Salmon, salmon and trout

Re: Huge salmon near grand isle ferry landings

Post by Ludo »

luntfrnd wrote:these comments are unreal! this is absolutely a Lake Champlain fish. In fact, I personally know this guy and fish with him. With that, this is not the only large fish he has caught this year. I have witnessed him catch & release several very large fish.

All you talking about blocking his IP address and how you ''figured'' out it was fake are unreal. This guy didnt even know this picture was posted until I heard about and called him up. His friend poster this picture, not him.

In fact, for those of you on here who I know on FB...check out my page and the photo comment I made yesterday on this same picture. Then check out the album of fish, Lake Champlain fish. you will see many like this one. He is a great fly fisherman and knows how to rope the big ones!!

I can't believe I made an account on this forum just to back up my buddy but whatever. Like usualy, big fish = conspiracy and jelousy.
luntfrnd,

I figured it's real before you post here. I never wanted to block the IP or delete the account for a picture posted by someone else in Honolulu. We just want to know more :)
Royal Trude

Post by Royal Trude »

Ludo wrote:
Royal Trude wrote:This is also my first post, but I do not understand why you all are being so critical of this picture. The investigation into their IP address and Facebook seems a little ridiculous. I know the guy in the picture and this is not the only quality salmon that he has pulled from a Champlain tributary this fall. If this is the way that new members are treated I am going to have to think twice about making any contributions.
By my investigation with Facebook, I believe it's from a fisherman of the Lake Champlain from Vermont. It's why I mentioned it. No reason to block him because of a picture of his buddy from Vermont :)

You have missed my point. It is not that you now believe in the picture's authenticity, it is the fact that you felt the need to investigate the IP address and his Facebook page. Some people should not be given any kind of power because they abuse it.
Ludo
Species: Salmon, salmon and trout

Post by Ludo »

It's because the picture is hosted on a Facebook account, easy to know, there is "facebook" in the URL.

And for the IP: I don't have choice... it's logged automatically for each post and admin are seeing it. But true, I should not have mentioned the IP, my fault.
dreamcatcher
Species: Champlain Fishes

Post by dreamcatcher »

fishmaster176 wrote:Great topic of conversation. Could go under " Great Fishing Tales". A good test of who knows what about our fishery. No harm done. If anyone caught that fish in LC, we would've heard about it before today. Is it a Brown or a Salmon? Good question. Let it be educational. I'm all ears. Don't block it, learn from it.
Ah hell; it could be an ''Atlantic Salmon" if those are spots on the fin by his right hand!
KEN K.
Kekoafish

Post by Kekoafish »

Well Well Well Well Well...........Didnt think this would cause so much crap! Yes I live in Honolulu! Just move out here 3 months ago after living on the lake for my entire life. Just thought my friend deserved a little something therefore I wanted to see what you guys thought. Apparently he is a liar and same with me. Didnt think you had to have 50 post in order to put up a picture! And investigating is pretty funny! I think what makes people say "Not from LC" is because they are jealous! Just be happy and the one thing that is awesome he released it back to the lake. One thing I notice a lot of people tend not to be doing as much this past summer. Taking 15 salmon home and more! Guys a great fisherman! He could post 100 more of these suckers! I said to him, shit that could be close to the state record when he first sent the pic to me on OCTOBER 12th 2011, but he said "Hey I like to catch fish and release them, its not about fame!" Not to many people would have released this guy! Be happy and delete my account if you wish! Thats just asinine!
BEENKNOWNTA
Species: trout and salmon

Re: Huge salmon near grand isle

Post by BEENKNOWNTA »

HEY FELLAS,
My name is mike. My friend Riley posted this pic that I sent him from my cell phone..he lives in Hawaii and was pretty jazzed about this one..i was kinda excited as well.
I caught it on WED 10/12/11 IN LAKE CHAMPLAIN ISLANDS.
If there is one thing I am it is an honest fisherman. I've been drifting Brown and Yellow stones through there as well as different color egg paterns on an 8 wt fly rod.
This fish was foul hooked and returned safely to the lake....Ive had a bunch take flys but there are so many fish that even nymphing and slowing taking the fly out sometimes you cant help but hook up.
To the person who asked about size and weight I didnt want to keep him out too long so I just took a quick measure and no weight....29"..It could'nt have been one more inch right!!
My favorite post on here was...."first post and he comes with this" classic.
Riley texted man and told me about the thread so I figured Id post.
~Be good, MT
easilyamused
Species: any and all

Post by easilyamused »

Well,

I read through all the posts and I've seen the fish (nice one, by the way) and whether its from lake champlain or not is the doubt that some have. I guess we'll never know, but I have to hope that what's being posted is true. What bothers me the most is the number of "doubtfuls" and to what extent one will go to investigate whether someone is "real" or not (facebook, IP addresses and so on)... I could understand if someone had posted something really, really, bad - like "your mother wears army boots.." or something BAD... I just don't get it - I hope this forum doesn't go the way of the other one with the arguments over walleye, etc. I joined to find friends with a common passion for fishing and maybe get some tips on what to use and where to go... But this is getting nuts.

just speakin my mind... don't ban me, please.

Happy fishing everyone.

Easily-amused
BEENKNOWNTA
Species: trout and salmon

Post by BEENKNOWNTA »

MIKE TERRIEN--facebook if you like
Kekoafish

Post by Kekoafish »

easilyamused wrote:Well,

I read through all the posts and I've seen the fish (nice one, by the way) and whether its from lake champlain or not is the doubt that some have. I guess we'll never know, but I have to hope that what's being posted is true. What bothers me the most is the number of "doubtfuls" and to what extent one will go to investigate whether someone is "real" or not (facebook, IP addresses and so on)... I could understand if someone had posted something really, really, bad - like "your mother wears army boots.." or something BAD... I just don't get it - I hope this forum doesn't go the way of the other one with the arguments over walleye, etc. I joined to find friends with a common passion for fishing and maybe get some tips on what to use and where to go... But this is getting nuts.

just speakin my mind... don't ban me, please.

Happy fishing everyone.

Easily-amused
Agreed! Just trying to show a fish from the LC. Should be happy fishermen that the fish are getting bigger. Great fish!
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

BEENKNOWNTA wrote:HEY FELLAS,
My name is mike. My friend Riley posted this pic that I sent him from my cell phone..he lives in Hawaii and was pretty jazzed about this one..i was kinda excited as well.
If there is one thing I am it is an honest fisherman. I've been drifting Brown and Yellow stones through there as well as different color egg paterns on an 8 wt fly rod.
This fish was foul hooked and returned safely to the lake....Ive had a bunch take flys but there are so many fish that even nymphing and slowing taking the fly out sometimes you cant help but hook up.
To the person who asked about size and weight I didnt want to keep him out too long so I just took a quick measure and no weight....29"..It could'nt have been one more inch right!!
~Be good, MT
Well Mike, if it really is a Champlain fish, you may have released a new record! No matter where you caught this pig, Congrats. He is gorgeous....
fishmaster176
Species: anything with a fin

Post by fishmaster176 »

The report and scenario seemed too good to be true, so first reaction..... My bad.
My apology goes to the fisherman that landed that beauty. A first time report about a "buddies" fish... I wasn't the only one to smell something "fishy", but I AM responsible for what I post.
I stand corrected. :(
Last edited by fishmaster176 on Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
dreamcatcher
Species: Champlain Fishes

Post by dreamcatcher »

BEENKNOWNTA wrote:HEY FELLAS,
~Be good, MT
Mike; welcome to the forum, I thought asking you about the weight and lenght was a ok question did'nt mean anything by it!
KEN K.
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

That's the pig that shook off my line in the inland sea...No doubt about it.
If I'd of landed it...I would have pooped :ugeek:

It's a world class fishery we have here folks...all is well.
There's no doubt in my mind that's a hogger Champlain Landlocked.

I want to thank Kekoafish for taking the time to open an account on LCU and post his friends catch. Hopefully Kekoafish, fishes, and will post some of his catches here.
And...if I ever get to Hawaii again...I'll be lookin' for a ride, someone to help me catch some fish! ;)

BEENKNOWNTA....great fish, great catch! Congratulations Mike!
Sorry about the doubting here on LCU. Please try to feel welcome here...we'd love to know more of your successful adventures in the future.

Royal Trude...Thanks for joining and posting. Your input as well as everyone Else's here is valuable and appreciated. Hope you stick around and contribute.

As far as checking IP's...that's pretty much the norm here. We have had issues with bots, spammers, and the like. We may of made a mistake by mentioning the post was from the 50th state...and it raised questions in the minds of some members as well as some of us behind the scenes who just want to make this place run smoothy. Sorry for the bump in the road...we apologize. This forum is still in its infancy and there's no doubt a learning curve. We're trying to provide a great place on the web for folks to enjoy. Lets enjoy Mike's catch, dream we will be the next to land it, and congratulate him!!!

GREAT CATCH MIKE!!!!

FISH ON!!!!
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
squaretail
Species: lately.. white perch

Post by squaretail »

Mike, ++what Gerry said
Welcome to the forum. That is a huge fish, congrats!
And if anybody was wondering, yea I did a face plant on that plank across hatchery brook last fall much to the amusement of my wife. :mrgreen:

-Joe
VTgooseman
Species: Fish with Teeth!

Post by VTgooseman »

Kekoafish wrote: I think what makes people say "Not from LC" is because they are jealous!

Hmmmmmm........I think you might be on to something.......
It really is sad how you guys are so quick to jump on the band wagon and $hit on a fellow Fisherman. I get where some of the doubts are coming form but pretty sure that everyone here had a 1st post, and 99.9% of you didnt post a pic of a Salmon of that caliber and for that matter never will see a Salmon of that size. If you guys would quit pissing and moaning and post some Fishing reports it would make this more informative and less like Jersey Shore.........