Huge salmon near grand isle

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
mudchuck
Species: perch

Re: Huge salmon near grand isle

Post by mudchuck »

For what this is worth, even though I've only caught two salmon, and both were minimum sized and totally "lucked" into them, I have seen large salmon of the size of that one posted in this forum first hand.
I took my canoe and drifted around over a spot that is known to hold salmon when they go back to the place where the fishery released them.
I witnessed at least 50 of them in the 6 to 10 pound range and let me tell you, even though I'm not equipped or experienced enough to actually catch salmon the size of what I saw, that was one of the most memorable experiences I've ever had on this Lake of ours! I was in 2-3 feet of water and the fish were directly beneath me with the water gin clear I could make out kypes and tags! What a blast...
Anyway that's a beauty of a catch and I wish you luck in catching even a bigger one next time.
mudchuck
Species: perch

Post by mudchuck »

:D
plantstone

Post by plantstone »

:o :o :o :o :o Sweet fish! Good job. My buddy fly fishes that area for salmon and has luck. Thanks for sharing catch info, might inspire me to pick up the fly rod more. That fish is what I picture everytime I lose a big one. Hope to reel one in someday! Congrats
Dockside

Post by Dockside »

I see them all the time, it's getting them to bite! Great job and Gerry yes you have seen the light also :D

Don't read to many reprots from there, maybe thats a good thing.
pfu
Species: Cold and warm species

Post by pfu »

This guys is one of my friends and I can tell you it was caught on Lake Champlain.