Another Silverless day

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Heijac
Species: All

Another Silverless day

Post by Heijac »

Late Post, made it out for a few hours sunday afternoon. Not what we expect for mid-october, shorts and t-shirt! Started off on the wrong note when I picked up the boat at the Admirals, and realized that I forgot my rods! Luckily, he was kind enough to let me borrow a couple, so I did'nt have to drive back home. Flat and calm conditions, nice day to be on the water, but not a great day to be a fisherman. The idiots and blow-boats were out in force, and everywhere I went there was joyriders blasting by me closer than need be. I spent more time bouncing up and down from the wakes from these boneheads then I ever have. Finally thinned out late in the afternoon. Surface temps were 62-63 everywhere I went, and not much activity. Just like my last trip, I played around with depth, blades, and lures all day, but could not find a silver that was interested. A few white and yellow perch, and a couple of ciscos kept me from a total skunk though. And wow, was it gorgeous out there!

I dont have a probe, but from what I have read and heard from others, is that the temp on top is the same as down deep. Guess we need some colder weather to really turn things on? Hope it comes soon, as my plan is to take vacation the 2 weeks before deer season, and fish like hell!
digitroll (ron)

Re: Another Silverless day

Post by digitroll (ron) »

I was going to come down around noon Sunday with kids but saved some fuel and brought the kids to Malletts Bay instead of that 40 minute ride each way to Converse at 11 miles per gallon. We caught lots of sunnies in front of malletts creek for a few hours.

The salmon should show up soon as this prolonged summer weather abates.
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

About the same for me and Ben on Saturday Randy...(minus the blow-boats and big wakes in the sea).
It was a great day on the lake however.
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
Thorny

Post by Thorny »

Hi Randy
Glad to see you are back on the water and hopefully feeling well. They do make you work for them this time of year! The closer we get to 50 degree surface the more the Salmon should bite and the less the Ciscos will be a nuisance.
Gerry
Blow boats in the Sea? What up with that!
Captain Rob Thorne
Captain Thorny's Fishing Charters
Rcthorne1@aol.com
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

Rob you misunderstood me..."minus the blow-boats"...
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
digitroll (ron)

Post by digitroll (ron) »

Randy,

Top to bottom (100 feet) it's about 1-2 degrees difference I have heard down there and I found the same in front of Burlington.

Tough conditions. I fished 35-50 feet yesterday just at the bait and above.

Do you have a Fish Hawk TD on your Christmas list? Just attach it to your ball and let if down slowly to a 100 feet and bring it back up and you will have a nice temp. profile every 5 feet.
Cas
Species: the kind that swim

Post by Cas »

I was out on Monday. While the weather was great, the fish were not. Over around Willsboro, depths from 35 - 60. Had a few releases, one looked legit but didn't stay hooked. Only boated a cisco and a lamprey on the rigger ball that didn't live to see another day. Even tried for lakers for a bit with no luck. Nice day on the water, but better days are ahead.
________
Mike
nwhavnbill
Species: salmon/trout

Post by nwhavnbill »

Hey we could have been working Randy.
I went out monday around 10 to 3pm picked up on 14"Salmon at split one cisco then headed over to thompsons and had something hit hard and run like hell, of course when I picked up he was gone. Tried all kinds of lead core and slidediver combos (I never caught a salmon on either ever). Went down to fieldsports and picked up my X4 that digitroll said it was a necessity(its only money right?) and will continue to give em hell until it turns on!
Bill
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Glad to hear you got back out there Randy.. It's only a matter of a few days before they really turn back on.... Can't wait!
Matt B
Heijac
Species: All

Post by Heijac »

Hey Ron, I do have SOME type of temp probe on my wish list, but just have'nt decided which way to go yet!