First splash for the Haley Ann

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Wdrnr
Species: Salmon Lakers, warm if needed

First splash for the Haley Ann

Post by Wdrnr »

Shakedown runs are just that and we had a memorable one. Headed to Converse. On the way south from the islands,
Picking up my fishing partner Dan Myers, I noticed vibration from trailer to truck. Couldn't see wiggling wheels but suspected a bearing issue. Got to Dans just shy of the interstate started looking for loose stuff. Found that half a tire tread was completely blown away. Tire rot for sure. Treads great but rubber falls apart over time. trip back home to get spare.
back on the road. Fours trailers in the yard at Converse. Dock still under water, what there is of it. Set up in the bay, with
A couple lead lines and dodger flies on the riggers for a nice and slow in 39 degree water. No flies,,,, my whole wallet
That had probably a hundred in it blown out of the boat,,,, my fault... Crap! So we go all metal...Dan being a rookie
And at the helm while I'm messing with stuff doesn't notice the bottom contour that's gone from 80 to 20,,, pop goes a
Ball. Again my fault shoulda been keepin everything honest. The rest of the trip went well. Oh we, fished from the bay
All the way down to below Big Otter ( boats in the muddy stuff 48degrees in Point Bay across the pond at Diamond and back to Split Rock,,,,,, Never raised a single fish. First time that has happened ever down there,,, but that's fishin and we had a good day anyway. plus I got all the stupid stuff done in one day. Can't beat that. I gotta hit fly tying bench ASAP.
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Re: First splash for the Haley Ann

Post by Reelax »

I think you missed the bite when you were getting the spare... ;) Nice report Dave, glad to hear you
got the shake down done... Also glad to hear of 2 retired 'ol guys getting together to spend time on the pond... Hope all is well for both of you.

Fish on!
Matt B
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Like you said Dan, you got all the stupid things done that day, now fishing will only get better.
We all had one or more of those days too. Good laughs when you recall them later.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
jusfishin
Species: Salmon

Post by jusfishin »

I know a nice dock space for that Whaler Dave if it takes you all summer to fix your wheel bearings..LOL...Try right in front of your house up to Ladd in the skinny...very good two days ago according to my island cronies......Glad you and Danny got out.....
Heijac
Species: All

Post by Heijac »

Well, you got that all out of the way! Hammer them next time..........