Burlington 10/12/11

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
digitroll (ron)

Burlington 10/12/11

Post by digitroll (ron) »

With the change in the wind forecast to Light n Variable (no not Jeff) I decided to go solo at the last minute today and launch out of the Coast Guard station to make my 4th attempt to fish NY water in 5 weeks (turned around 3 times due to wind).

Well as luck would have it I could see white caps all the way to Willsboro west of Juniper. Slowed down in 1 to 1.5 ft chop and started setting up and trolled to Juniper ledge (greenough water) and turned around and trolled back to the coast guard station 2.5 hours later in 3 footers and 20 mph winds. Not a touch. Probe read 2 degrees cooler at 100 feet down.

Well at least I didn't have to fight the waves today going mostly with them as the Vermont side wasn't bad until things blew up after 10:30 am.

0 for 5 for salmon since Sept. 14th. Last time out before that was August 11th when I caught silver.

It was a nice morning to be out for 2.5 hours. :mrgreen:
Last edited by digitroll (ron) on Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
homewrecker
Species: salmon,mermaids

Re: Burlington 10/12/11

Post by homewrecker »

Its always good to practice the art and...Sometimes you have to stop and see ROB on the way home.
digitroll (ron)

Dean,

I did stop and buy some haddock! When were not catchin were sperimenting so were ready when we do start catchin.

Hope your doing well in Brazil!
dreamcatcher
Species: Champlain Fishes

Post by dreamcatcher »

:lol: Ron; I've got to laugh "no not Jeff" pretty funny I tease him all the time. OK, sure hope the water cools down for the shoot out which I think we need some heavy wind to help it and cold weather,thanks for the report.
KEN K.
lazycs

Post by lazycs »

one of these days Ron things will slow down and i'll get out with yah....
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Least you got out Ron.. Looking at the trees from my office, it looked like it was blowing pretty good out there!
Matt B
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

dreamcatcher wrote: sure hope the water cools down for the shoot out which I think we need some heavy wind to help it and cold weather,thanks for the report.
I agree...this warm weather sucks for cold water fisherman.

Ron...glad you got out. The lake is here to enjoy even if the fish don't cooperate.
Thanks for your report.
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
digitroll (ron)

Matt and Raz and others:

It sure is nice getting out in short spurts at times cut short by the winds or destination. I have been actually trying a lot of different stuff and techniques as it may be taken away from catching smaller fish. Just not dialed in yet!

I still enjoy playing with toys and presentations. November is getting closer!
instigator
Species: salmon walleye perch

Post by instigator »

at least you got a boat,,,,,,,
Heijac
Species: All

Post by Heijac »

I'm with you Ron, have'nt put a silver in my boat since early july! Need some cold weather to turn them on soon.........
Captain Paul
Species: lake trout,salmon,panfish

Post by Captain Paul »

Ron we caught our Salmon and Steeelhead the other day in close shelburne point to bouy 17,20 to 50 feet of water you may have been out to deep.
digitroll (ron)

Thanks Paul. I can swing in closer next time. I did make one pass west of the closest can in front of the point on my troll south 50 feet of water. I wanted to try the inside water on the bay side as I went past Proctor shoal (the 2nd outside can) but it became really snotty 20 mph at the point and I kept going to the breakwater north in deeper water.