Shelburne bay shakedown

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Troller176
Species: Lake trout

Shelburne bay shakedown

Post by Troller176 »

When out of shelburne bay today and fished around for 6 hours or so. Conditions were perfect a very light south wind and not to much debris in the water. When drop 2 down riggers out an 2 yellow birds out with a variety of spoons and stick baits with no luck at all. The water was a cold 36-39 degrees an clarity was down to less than a foot. Marked a lot of bait fish down about 40 fow an some pretty good marks around them but we couldn't buy a bite. Other than that my boat is ready for when the bite gets hot. Just was wondering if anyone else is having the same kind of luck. Tight lines too all
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Re: Shelburne bay shakedown

Post by Reelax »

Right now we are getting best action in 6 to 15 fow in the warmest water we could find. All fish today came in 40+ deg water that was less than 15 foot deep. Glad to hear you got out... Thanks for the post.
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Too bad the fish did not cooperate today. At least you got out and enjoyed a nice day on the water.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
Troller176

Post by Troller176 »

Yea it was a beautiful first day out after a long winter. Thinkin bout hittin converse this weekend if the weather is decent how's the bite there, never caught any salmon in the spring an would apperciate any pointers in catchin those silver friggers can't catch them to save the life of me.
will nolan (swilly)
Species: whatever bites!

Post by will nolan (swilly) »

same thing happened to me in shelburne bay. same scenario. 6 hours and bait fish 40 ft down. i thought i was marking clutter. seen some big ones hanging in the mix. again thought it was clutter because that was all i marked all day. tips on what numbers there hitting this year would be a blessing.
Will nolan "swilly"
lundfisherman64
Species: salmon,trout

Post by lundfisherman64 »

Did you see a lot of dead alewifes on the water.
Troller176

Post by Troller176 »

I saw a lot of half dead ones today down at town farm bay. There was a bunch of seagulls around an most of the alewives were still alive but almost like they were stunned and just twitching on the water. Manage to fish for 5 hours zero bites and one down rigger that got broke in half. Not my best day fishing to say the least
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Troller176 wrote:I saw a lot of half dead ones today down at town farm bay. There was a bunch of seagulls around an most of the alewives were still alive but almost like they were stunned and just twitching on the water. Manage to fish for 5 hours zero bites and one down rigger that got broke in half. Not my best day fishing to say the least
Saw the same in keelers and southern inland sea on Sat. They are 3-4 inches and about half were still alive. When we see that usually the bite suffers:(