Skunked at Converse

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Sea Hare
Species: all species

Skunked at Converse

Post by Sea Hare »

Well, it had to eventually happen. We fished the Converse area for almost five hours today. The forecasted light south wind was a stiff north wind with some sizeable whitecaps. We bounced around on both sides of the lake. Tons of floating grass kept fouling the lines. We swapped lures, colors, speeds and various depths with riggers and slide divers. Couldn't even bag a cisco or perch today. My first total skunk this year. I'm seriously bummed. :(

BB
It's not just a unit of measure !
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Re: Skunked at Converse

Post by raz »

Dang
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Chit
Heijac
Species: All

Post by Heijac »

It happens! Sorry to hear it Jon..........
propreach
Species: Salmon

Post by propreach »

Hey Bassbuddy, sorry to hear about the sad day. It was great to talk with you and the guys on Friday 10/7 at Converse launch. I'm sad at the thought of putting the boat away for another season :cry: :cry: :cry: We enjoyed that day with 2 silvers and one laker. Anyway, looking forward to next spring. Blessings!
fishmaster176
Species: anything with a fin

Post by fishmaster176 »

A skunk bites, but it beats working. Bummer to come up empty.
Sea Hare
Species: all species

Post by Sea Hare »

propreach wrote:Hey Bassbuddy, sorry to hear about the sad day. It was great to talk with you and the guys on Friday 10/7 at Converse launch. I'm sad at the thought of putting the boat away for another season :cry: :cry: :cry: We enjoyed that day with 2 silvers and one laker. Anyway, looking forward to next spring. Blessings!

Hi Padre' It was nice chatting with you at the ramp the other day. I had hoped that the bite would get better as the days went on, but it wasn't to be I guess. I had to take my boat out of service for the season and get it wrapped for winter. I'm having shoulder surgery on Monday and although I had wanted to fish the shoot-out again this year, the doc said I'll be laid up for a few months, so no more fishng or deer hunting for me this year. I should be back in shape for the spring festivities. Hope to see you there in the spring and good luck this coming deer season.
Peace' Jon ( BB )
It's not just a unit of measure !