FINAL WINTER WORKSHOP WRAP UP with link to PICS

Share info on fishing Champlain.
popster
Species: Salmo Salar Sebago

FINAL WINTER WORKSHOP WRAP UP with link to PICS

Post by popster »

Dean asked me to post the following for him today. Pics provided by Gerry, Gecha and Ron, Digi

Dean's Post:
OK SO FIRST I'M SORRY THIS IS SO LATE BUT HERE WE GO. THIS FINAL WINTER WORKSHOP IS ONLY THE BEGINNING OF GREATER STRONGER LAKE CHAMPLAIN UNITED. AS WE REMEMBER THIS EVENT LETS ALSO LOOK TO THE FUTURE OF OUR UNITED MISSION OF STEWARDSHIP FOR OUR GREAT NATURAL RESOURCE. THAT SAID, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SEND ME ANY ISSUES YOU WOULD LIKE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT, AS I BEGIN TO SET PLANS FOR NEXT YEAR.

OK ON TO THE LONG LIST OF THANK YOU'S, FIRST TO RON, ROB AND BILL I COULD NOT HAVE DONE THIS WITHOUT YOUR TIRELESS EFFORTS. NEXT TO GERRY AND DAVID. THANK YOU FOR ALWAYS COMING EARLY AND STAYING LATE AND ALSO FOR YOUR GENEROUS DONATION OF THE PHOTO DOCUMENTATION OF THIS EVENT. P.S. ( AND THE WONDERFUL SMOKED MEAT MMMM...) NEXT DAVE, TUCKER AND STEVE FOR HELPING SET UP. NOW A HUGE THANK YOU TO CHRIS GATLEY FOR HIS GENEROUS SUPPORT AND FASCINATING PRODUCT DISPLAY AND ALSO JAMES VLADYKA FROM LOWRANCE FOR HIS PRODUCT DISPLAY AND DESIRE TO HELP ANYONE WITH ANY PROBLEMS OR QUESTIONS MEMBERS HAD. NOW TO OUR VERY INFORMATIVE GUEST SPEAKERS, BILL ARDEN, US FISH & WILDLIFE AND HIS GRADUATE STUDENT FROM CONCORDIA UNIVERSITY IN MONTREAL, ANDREW FOR THEIR OUTSTANDING CONTRIBUTION TO OUR EVENT, EDUCATION ON MATTERS THAT DIRECTLY EFFECT THE FISHERY. AND THE OPPORTUNITY TO WORK WITH THEM AND PROVIDE RESEARCH SAMPLES TO FURTHER THEIR FINE WORK. THANK YOU GENTLEMEN. WE WILL FILL YOUR SAMPLE PACKETS :) . AND NOW I REALLY WANT TO THANK ALL OF THE WONDERFUL SPONSORS THAT CONTINUE TO SUPPORT OUR EVENTS AND EFFORTS TO PRESERVE THIS GREAT LAKE CHAMPLAIN FOR FUTURE GENERATIONS.

DRAGNBALLS BLADES
SCOTTY
LOWRANCE
PRO FISHING
FISH HAWK
L C I DERBIES
ROTARY DERBY
VANCE TACKLE
WAVE SPOONS
DAIWA
LUHR JENSEN
CRAZY IVAN
ABSOLUTE OUTDOORS ONYX
ADVENTURE PRODUCTS
CHURCH TACKLE
FATHEAD BLADES
TROLL KING
DATTILIOS
THE OLD FISHING HOLE

SLIDE DIVER
INVISASWIVEL
PRICE CHOPPER
PIZZA HUT
MAINLY METALS
NAVIONICS
CHAMBERLAIN RELEASES
LAKE CHAMPLAIN UNITED FORUM
BERTS TACKLE
TRAXTECH
RAY MARINE
TORPEDO DIVERS
HOMEWRECKER ORIGINAL LURES
LAKESHORE ACE HARDWARE
VITAL SIGNS & SCREEN PRINTING

Follow this link to a YouTube slide show of pics from the March Workshop:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJc1W1yGULU

Music credit to Taj Mahal

Last edited by popster on Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:13 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Bill
"POINTER"
digitroll (ron)

Re: FINAL WINTER WORKSHOP WRAP UP with link to PICS

Post by digitroll (ron) »

Fantastic summary! To pull this off in such a short time when Dean decided to take it over in mid-January is mind boggling. The first venue worked, but the second venue's success took everyone by surprise.

Thanks to all that helped / the speakers / sponsors / and Dean!

Truly a team effort!

There is already some surprises in the works for next year in the early planning phase. :)

R
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Wow, what a great job on these events Dean and crew. You guys really raised the bar this year and have evolved this from a mid winter get together to a true meaningfull Salmon Seminar...

Can't wait for next year....
Matt B
Surprise
Species: FROSTBITING

Post by Surprise »

World Class!

The entertainment, education and promotion of our beloved resource and sport with no other expectation than that is a testament to and a show of character of everyone involved

This gathering of sports has no better people anywhere. Friends All

BRAVO! :D
Fish On!
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

What an awesome job! Great workshops, great way to start the new season, great bunch of folks (best on the planet), and a super great slide-show.
WORLD CLASS ACT FOR SURE!!!
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
Fishdawg
Species: Salmon

Post by Fishdawg »

Great job Dean and everyone involved! With the weather keeping all the boats off the water for some time now it was a great "filler". It also got me even more excited about the upcoming season as I went home that nite and customized some lures and the following day respooled fresh line on my 2 main rigger rods and set up new leaders with some of the Invisaswivels that I got at the workshop. Even set up some of my ice fishing tip ups with invisaswivels on the leaders. It will be a first for me trying them for ice fishing salmon and lakers (looks like that test wont be until next year). Thanks again to all involved in this great event!
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Thanks to all the organizers. it was a great event, very interesting speaker guests, fantastic prizes and giveaways, and always a lot of pleasure to see so many friendly faces.
Thanks Bill for the nice slide show, it keeps the memories alive.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
fishmaster176
Species: anything with a fin

Post by fishmaster176 »

The really cool thing is that a small group of fishing buddies decided to share their enthusiasm for fishing with the rest of us. I am truly thankful for the opportunity to be among such a great group of folks with the common interest in fishing and the conservation of the fisheries in VT. We can only benefit from the seminars and the fellowship it creates.
Definitely a "must attend" event. Many Thanks to all involved.
Fred
JabberJaws
Species: all

Post by JabberJaws »

Thanks to Dean and everyone else for their hard work to put on such a great event. Ramel
Quit Wishing Go Fishing
fishingmachine
Species: salmon,Lake trout

Post by fishingmachine »

have been using the 12# invisiswivels for a couple of years now and have never had one break or come apart.I use them for trolling and even as a connector for braid to floro for bass fishin,,they are a lot stronger than they look.
Committed (DA)
Species: Cold water

Post by Committed (DA) »

Thanks Dean, Ron, Thorny and all the sponsors who contributed some sweet gear. I was fortunate to win the Lowrance and it has quickly found its way to the back of the boat right along the new X4D that I picked up from the Old Fishing Hole last week, thanks Ramel for having a few in stock and hooking me up with some fixed cheaters as well. Got to love the local tackle shops.

I am excited to get out and catch some fish this year and report back.

Tight lines to all.

DA
When I grow up I want to be,
One of those harvesters of the sea.
I think before my days are done,
I want to be a fisherman.
"I'll live and die a fisherman"
Ludo
Species: Salmon, salmon and trout

Post by Ludo »

That was a really great workshop.