Salmon Hole 10/11 (28" Male LL!)

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
vtbass
Species: Bass, Northern Pike, Muskie

Re: Salmon Hole 10/11 (28" Male LL!)

Post by vtbass »

Awesome salmon Matt! Did you get the tag number on it? If so, let me know and I'll get you the info on that fish. By the way, make sure you enter that baby in the Master Angler program!
mac
Species: Salmon, Trout and Bass

Post by mac »

Nice Salmon... Great Post...
Matt
Species: Any

Post by Matt »

vtbass wrote:Awesome salmon Matt! Did you get the tag number on it? If so, let me know and I'll get you the info on that fish. By the way, make sure you enter that baby in the Master Angler program!
I completely forgot. My mind was elsewhere trying to get some pictures and measure the fish then send it on it's way. Next big one I'll be sure to get the number though!
Matt

Post by Matt »

I also went down this morning, had an unexpected day off so I made the best of it. No luck all day, just a few SM. Weather seemed perfect...nobody down there hooked up. Over a dozen anglers came and went with no success.
Themug
Species: All Champlain fishes!!

Post by Themug »

Excellent job!!! I caught one about 5 pounds years ago using light line and it took him just about 5 seconds to figure out he was hooked. Fun times!!!
Heijac
Species: All

Post by Heijac »

What a fish! Great job Matt..........
Matt

Post by Matt »

Well I went down again today only to see a guy on the rockpile get a nice 4 LB Salmon and a Steelhead on a spinner, no luck for myself or anyone else that fished today. Had the whole week off this week so I fished the Hole religiously lol, dunno if I'll be down tomorrow...depends on the rain I guess. Thanks again everyone.
Matt

Post by Matt »

Skunked yesterday and the day before, called in to work today...maybe if the river isn't blown tomorrow I'll give it a try.
bumpnrun
Species: salmon

Post by bumpnrun »

Thats a real VT.fish great job.BUMP.
Roger Lav
easilyamused
Species: any and all

Post by easilyamused »

Nice Fish Matt!

Easily-amused (Matt)
BEENKNOWNTA
Species: trout and salmon

Post by BEENKNOWNTA »

Nice fish! im new to the site after some funny circumstances...just saw this post and thought id comment..i live right around the way from the salmon hole but dont fish it very much, cool spot though...well done and nice to see it take right off, get some! MT
Matt

Post by Matt »

BEENKNOWNTA wrote:Nice fish! im new to the site after some funny circumstances...just saw this post and thought id comment..i live right around the way from the salmon hole but dont fish it very much, cool spot though...well done and nice to see it take right off, get some! MT
It's hit or miss at the Hole, that day was a perfect hit! Hard to fish because of the rain, it gets blown super easy, but takes forever to drop back down.

On a site note for everyone else, the pictures I got weren't under the Master Angler guidelines, so it won't be appearing on the website, bummer... I did all I could for some better pictures but holding the net in one hand trying to keep the fish from turning over and sliding right out of the net, and the camera in the other hand just proved too difficult for good pics. You can't tell in the pics, but his tail was sticking pretty far out of the net, he was BARELY in there, so I had to keep a hand real close to him to keep him in. If only someone had been near me to take some pictures for me, I would have given anything to get a picture of me holding the fish. Maybe next 8 LB'er though.