Fiarhaven 8/10

Share info and fishing reports from Lake Ontario.
Shake-n-Bake
Species: coldwater

Fiarhaven 8/10

Post by Shake-n-Bake »

Hard NW wind today. You know somethings wrong when you arrive to a nearly vacant boat launch in August. Saw 2 large boats leave the chute and I'm glad I was not with them. After socializing with some friends at the chute we tucked tail and drove back home. I'll bet the temps are all over the place tomorrow. Just the way it is, try again next weekend!
See you on the pond!
MADSIERRA
Species: if it swims

Re: Fiarhaven 8/10

Post by MADSIERRA »

Had that same big blow here in Oswego as well, tuffed it out and went out in 5-6 footers with sum 7-8 ft rollers! with the Atomic invatational going on it was a busy harbor in the am. ended the day with 10 kings and a small brown. 400 copper, 240 dippy were the ticket, rigger bite was almost non-exsisting.
Shake-n-Bake

Post by Shake-n-Bake »

Great report! That had to be a tough day on the water. I would have "Sea Legs" for a week after that trip! LOL
See you on the pond!
Dirtyhooker
Species: all

Post by Dirtyhooker »

Eric sorry to hear you did not get out. Spoke with Mr Hay today and sounds like they had a good day yesterday once the lake calmed down.
Scott
So many Lures So little Time
Flashpoint
Species: trout/salmon/stripers

Post by Flashpoint »

Dipsies out 300 -330 & 500 copper have been taking 90% of the hits the last few dates. setting down & outs on the riggers will keep a few bites going on the riggers. The mother load has moved in..some big limits in the last few days. Blow tomorrow...hopefully doesnt mess up the temps!
Shake-n-Bake

Post by Shake-n-Bake »

Thanks Matt,
I heard things are really heating up. Hope to be back out there Saturday. Got to get some quality time on the water the next few weeks!
See you on the pond!