its on

Check and share here for the latest Bass fishing reports.
kyle1414
Species: bass , catfish, bowfin,gar,

its on

Post by kyle1414 »

The bite in lake champlain and surrounding areas has really picked up significantly . I have been putting the hammer down..including a few real nice 5lbers and a freeak 6.2 caught in a pond. Lure of choice is a pearl zoom super fluke ..5 inch .. weightless rig.. theyve been hitting it on the pause .. usually i go three or four jerks then 1-5 sec pause depending on depths .. Also junebug senko has been really producing.. So if your going out on the lake try those two plastics.. another tip for finding the greenbacks is find the bluegill..even though the spawn is over bass are still relating to shallow cover and shorelines. remember bass dont always eat bluegill but its nice to travel with the food if you know what i mean. One big thing is that ive noticed is. if your seeing alot of alewives in the area proly good indication to try a different spot.. ive been seeing hoards of them roaming in 10-12 foot of water especially around creeks. and wherever they are .. ive had next to no luck. I dont know if its a firect corrolation between the two but with a such abundant food source in those areas maybe the bass arent hungry... anyways...
good luck out there
JK47
Species: All Species

Re: its on

Post by JK47 »

Thanks for the report.

It's nice to hear its picking up. I had poor luck a couple weeks ago and was seeing alewives everywhere.