Bass Fishing North & Challenges 9/25

Check and share here for the latest Bass fishing reports.
rvq
Species: bass

Bass Fishing North & Challenges 9/25

Post by rvq »

Took my wife and daughter out for a leisurely Sunday breakfast, so didn't hit the ramp until 12:30. With shortened time available, I decided to just stick with my go to Senko. My first two spots were already occupied, but I figured I'd hit them later. Finally getting to fish and getting some bites, but manage to not boat 4 straight fish. One was probably from a failed knot, but not sure of the other 3. Normally, I'd say it would take me 3 months of trips to lose 4 fish. Things can only get better.

Time to move. Put on my life vest and turn over the engine. Just before I put the hammer down there is my trolling motor still deployed. Wow this time I caught it before I tried to get up on plane. Thinking good about myself I headed toward the bow to lift the trolling motor ,when the kill switch attached to my jacket cut the motor. Trade one mistake for another I thought.

On to the next spot and working the trolling motor a lot due to no wind. My foot slipped off the pedal and I was headed toward the drink. Somehow I was able to grab the pedestal with my left hand and jerk myself upright. Did raise my heart rate a bit.

The water temps were 70-71 as compared to 67-69 here my last outing on Friday. I decided to try fishing a little deeper (7-9'). I also decided that when I caught a fish, I would stay in that area and fish it hard. The fish are starting to bunch and your more likely to catch multiple fish in a fairly concentrated spot. Finally landed a picture size fish( 3 lbs +) I weight the fish and dig out the camera. I push the button and the lens comes part way out and wilts back into the camera. Batteries!!! No pics. Actually were only 2 pic worthy fish this day. The other pic worthy actually caught me. Leaning over the side I held the line with my right hand and extended the left to lip the fish, when the hook gave way and went zinging into my forearm. Thanks for soft flesh. A little bloody, but easily removed.

It's now time for one last stop and I have caught 11 keepers in 4 1/2 hrs. Not bad considering that I lost the first four. The last spot is one that frequently loads up in the Spring and Fall. You just have to catch it right. I've hit a few times recently with modest success. In the next 30 minutes I caught 8 keepers. (7 LM and 1 SM). All solid 2.5-2.75 lbers. Time to head in.

If you folks find these reports too long, let me know. Thanks.

Bob
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Re: Bass Fishing North & Challenges 9/25

Post by Reelax »

Report is not too long Bob. I just like reading when i can't be fishing... Nice story... Sounds like a mixed day with the issues, but that will happen.
Matt B
KJBisFishin
Species: bass

Post by KJBisFishin »

Sounds better than my Sunday - good report, kept me entertained. I never fish a Senko but I've been having pretty horrible luck recently so I might try that technique my next time out. Take care - Kevin
Champlainbaits
Species: Bass - Pike - Bowfin

Post by Champlainbaits »

That's a great report! Sounds like your on them even with all the other crap luck.
For some people it's "one more drink" or "one more bet" for me the lie is "just one more cast" :)
MarknFish (Mark)
Species: All

Post by MarknFish (Mark) »

I had a whole week like that earlier this year. The fish gods eventually came through with the rewards!
vtbass
Species: Bass, Northern Pike, Muskie

Post by vtbass »

Wow Bob! Ya gotta be careful out there, because you just never know when you're going to have "one of the those days"!! Good to hear the fish are starting to bunch up. I hope to get out soon myself.
lungelarry
Species: bass.musky

Post by lungelarry »

I think I do at least one of those things evey trip..............the fish don,t care :D
" Never Let'em See You Smile"
fishmaster176
Species: anything with a fin

Post by fishmaster176 »

When a fishing story becomes too long, I'll take up knitting.
Thanks for the report.
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

fishmaster176 wrote:When a fishing story becomes too long, I'll take up knitting.
Thanks for the report.
X2!!!
Thanks for the report and be careful out there Bob!
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry