small boat fishing spots

Check and share here for the latest Bass fishing reports.
BruinFan
Species: Bass

small boat fishing spots

Post by BruinFan »

I have never fished on LC before. I would like some suggestions for safe fishing areas for bass in a small rowboat with a trolling motor around the Burlington area. Thanks for your ideas.
tiny

Re: small boat fishing spots

Post by tiny »

BruinFan wrote:I have never fished on LC before. I would like some suggestions for safe fishing areas for bass in a small rowboat with a trolling motor around the Burlington area. Thanks for your ideas.
I'm not an expert bass guy, but I fish from my canoe and have caught nice bass in a few spots:
Indian Brook Reservoir has big bass and is a perfect size for your boat - but you must have an annual pass.
Keeler Bay has a small state launch and there are some nice smallies close to the launch and we've caught plenty of largemouth and pike closer to the swamp.
South side of sandbar is good for a rowboat and has lots of bass, pike, and bowfin
Monkton pond and green river reservoir are further away but are both good sized for a rowboat and have nice fish.
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Mallets bay may be worth a try
Matt B
mudchuck
Species: perch

Post by mudchuck »

Arrowhead Lake is pretty good near the highbridge for smallies between the bridge and the rapids. Can do good for wally's there too.
The gut is good for smallies too, but loads of boat traffic can be difficult under the drawbridge.