Map of Champlain showing names of bays,ports, etc

Share info on fishing Champlain.
Speedy
Species: Trout/Salmon

Map of Champlain showing names of bays,ports, etc

Post by Speedy »

I finally made the move and anchored in my "Forever" fishing house in Newport,VT. Towed my 16ft Aluma Craft 3,000 miles from Tucson,AZ to add to my 19 ft. Sea Nymph. All I have is VT road maps and Fish & Game's. Is there any maps showing the names of the Bays, lake areas, ports/docks for fishermen?
I have pulled up some of the depth charts, but Lake Champlain is huge. Really only interested in getting started in the areas known for Salmon and Lakers.
Willing to make my own map by sticking on labels on a road map if needed. Any suggestions appreciated. I can fish and take boat rides in the 13 or more lakes in and around the North East Kingdom, but Champlain is about a 2 hour + tow one way and don't want to waste time and fuel.

Looking forward to getting out there and meeting with you guys...AND catch some Salmon.

"You got to hookem to cookem".
Tight Lines
Speedy
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Re: Map of Champlain showing names of bays,ports, etc

Post by Reelax »

Welcome back to VT!

The only resource I can think of is the VT fish and game website. They have a launch list and
Some lake pics is I remember right. You may wanna start there…

IMHO May is the easiest month of the year to.catch salmon. Sometimes they are ravenous.
Yesterday our sister boat saw a salmon try to bite a release clip on a planner board line running just above surface. jumps out of water 3 times trying to bite the release cause it likes the chartuse color;) amazing bite in that condition:)

I’ve also caught 20 salmon in 2hrs in front of Sandbar when the bite is HOT in May.

Get out there. This is the month to learn fast:)

Good luck!

Good luck!
Matt B
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

Go to https://www.weather.gov/btv/recreation. Scroll down almost to the bottom of the page to "Lake Champlain Nautical Charts".
Hope this helps.
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
JabberJaws
Species: all

Post by JabberJaws »

Fishing Hot Spots Lake Champlain Central and South is what I use there is a North also but the Central and South is most relevant to Salmon. The Central is basically the Sandbar south to Split rock and Split rock south is the South map. They used to be in alot of tackle shops the only place I saw them online was Westmarine. I called a few shops and the only one I found in stock was the South map at The Bay Store in St Albans. There are alot of shops I did not try if anyone knows anywhere that has them in stock maybe post here.
There is pretty good fishing not far from Newport this time of year but not the possibility of the numbers of fish you can catch on the big lake. Good luck.
Quit Wishing Go Fishing
JabberJaws
Species: all

Post by JabberJaws »

I sent you a pm.
Ramel
Quit Wishing Go Fishing