Not much about the south end?

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
cpmaple
Species: salmon,lakers and catfish

Not much about the south end?

Post by cpmaple »

Hello all,
Don't see any post about south end of the lake. By that I mean Westport to bulwagga bay. Looks likes my son in law wants to hit the water Saturday so I will be uncovering boat today an when he gets here later changing fluids. Launching from port Henry don't know if we will go to bay or head north along tracks. Figure that out later I'm just the pilot with the shoulder still recovering from the surgery back in February. I will post how we do tomorrow afternoon or sunday. Tight line cpmaple (chad)
Fishinpole
Species: Trout/Salmon

Re: Not much about the south end?

Post by Fishinpole »

Good luck
goldeneye13
Species: Cold water

Post by goldeneye13 »

I was actually thinking the same think this week. Hope to see you around. I m thinking of heading out that way also in the am.
Good luck
Fishmedic
Species: Trout/Salmon

Post by Fishmedic »

Wondering the same
I too had shoilder surgery last September. Hope yours goes better than mine. Looking at fishing same area in a couple weeks. Will be interested in how you did. Good luck with both shoulder and fishing.
Jim
To fish or not to fish ??
What a Dumb question !!!
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

I was also thinking the same thing. Ive been fishin closer to home but a scouting trip is in order!

Would love to hear a couple reports down south there over the weekend. I will be launching Monday, just need to know how far south:)

Good luck this weekend guys…

And don’t forget to signup for the DYP May 18th.
Matt B
cpmaple

Post by cpmaple »

No report from console we ended up staying home due to the open water forecast. Worked on respooling poles, tying kicker motor charging system into batteries, fixing the radio, an one loose down rigger mount. Gonna give it a go next Sunday as of now is our plan if the weather holds. Maybe the lake will clear up some in mean time also.
cpmaple

Post by cpmaple »

Kids want to give it a go this morning, so meeting at 7am to head out. Maybe a stupid move but I have to do it an head for a few passes around bulwagga first thing to get it out of my system. Part of me says its a waste but, then I have that other part that say you have too. Not holding much luck with the run off but something says try it so one or two passes it will be.
The spread will be 4 riggers an 2 on boards 2 mini big john disc which I've always had good luck with early in the year. See what works. Spoons CI, Honey bees, an a few stick baits see what happens. If nothing more wash an shine some lures spend sometime with the daughter, son-in-law , an 2yr old grandson soon to be 3 who loves fishing an the outdoors since that all he ever is doing.
Hoping to get them a few fish for the smoker to take back home. Tight lines an be safe out cpmaple will be on 68
cpmaple

Post by cpmaple »

Fished out of port Henry from 8am-noon nothing to report. Tried the bay nothing , then ran north along track nothing no bait few marks turned out to channel few marks out there but dirty water . maybe next time
goldeneye13

Post by goldeneye13 »

cpmaple wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:07 pm Fished out of port Henry from 8am-noon nothing to report. Tried the bay nothing , then ran north along track nothing no bait few marks turned out to channel few marks out there but dirty water . maybe next time
You mark fish in the bay or not even? Just wondering if they’re not there or just not bitting.
cpmaple

Post by cpmaple »

goldeneye13 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:13 pm
cpmaple wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:07 pm Fished out of port Henry from 8am-noon nothing to report. Tried the bay nothing , then ran north along track nothing no bait few marks turned out to channel few marks out there but dirty water . maybe next time
You mark fish in the bay or not even? Just wondering if they’re not there or just not bitting.
Only marks were in the mouth of the bay not much in the bay itself. I won't be returning anytime soon till water clears up some. Surface temp was 48.9 and 15' down 45-47 depending location in the bay had riggers at 15,12,7,5 an to mini big john disc 90 an 120 back an one flat line 140 out the back spoons , pin minnow, you name it I washed it lol. Tried speeds from 2.2- 3mph at the ball
goldeneye13

Post by goldeneye13 »

Well with the spread you had defenetelly no fish in there. Last time i went 2-3 weeks ago was the same i only managed a lake trout and smallmouth. Very weird. Thank you fir the info.