Bumpy start to 2024 season

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
goldeneye13
Species: Cold water

Bumpy start to 2024 season

Post by goldeneye13 »

Hi,
Been a while since i got to put up a report on the site.
March 3rd fishing trip started with a fridge swap instead of a morning fishing adventure :( . So we postponed the fishing to March 4th.

March 4th : Weather supposed to be nice and fishing report showing for very good bite, we headed out to converse bay and hopping to enjoy some silver activity. Well..... Some days are just like that. That am became a lake trout fest and couldn't keep them off the line for some reason. Slow, fast, deeper, shallower. We even got 6 rods fire at one point just about simultaniously. All the rods being reeled in. Altought the kids loved there am we decided to head back home. Not exactly what i was hoping for but it was nice for a shakedown run.

The weather of the few following days kept us off the water and focused on house chores and firewood chores for next winter.

March 9th was supposed to be a nice day. Grab the boys and we stayed north. I put out a 4 rods program with a mix of stickbait and lure ranging from surface to 3 colors of leadcore on boards. First fish boated around 7 am and by 11 we made the double digit mark. Kids had a blast and the sadness disapeared of some of the loss with that nice brown they picked up. That was the end of the March brake with the snow we got the following Sunday
IMG_8748.jpeg
IMG_8748.jpeg (205.66 KiB) Viewed 436 times
IMG_8756.jpeg
IMG_8756.jpeg (233.13 KiB) Viewed 437 times
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Re: Bumpy start to 2024 season

Post by Reelax »

Those pics are precious. Memories for a lifetime right there.

Thanks for sharing!!
Matt B
Crayfish
Species: All of them

Re: Bumpy start to 2024 season

Post by Crayfish »

Beautiful brown and lots of smiles! Nice job!