Voice over for my You Tube video of our biggest salmon of 2023

Share info and fishing reports from Lake Ontario.
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Re: Voice over for my You Tube video of our biggest salmon of 2023

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Amazing fish, Love to see your videos.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
digitroll (ron)

Post by digitroll (ron) »

Thank Gerry! I recently watched a voice over narration of a late April day in 2019 on kings by Capt. Pete Alex of Vision Quest charters. Captivated my interest to attempt a voice order having really liked the way he did it. So I picked an easy short netting scene to try. I used my I phone and downloaded the audio file I made using the Voice Memo App that comes on the phone. Easy Breezy!
finsntins
Species: salmon

Post by finsntins »

nice video ron,love hearing that screaming drag!!!!!you definitely need a bigger net and do yourself a favor and rig a pinch pad to the handle of the net,so you can clip the hoop of the net to the handle so its not dragging in the water,ive seen many lost fish due to the net hoop getting caught on the hooks and pulling them out of the fishes mouth.
Miss B.Haven' sportfishing
Mistress
Species: cold water

Post by Mistress »

I am heading over to the big lake in July to take another stab at the Kings out of Oswego to try to beat our 16# (est. wt.) and had the same problem with my Champlain net being too small and lost a few big fish as a result. I solved that problem and now have a net suitable for Wicked Tuna. My question is how do you rig your pinch pad to minimize net drag? Do you use a pinch pad like on a stacker release clipped on the net material with a line back to the handle to keep it taught? Any tips are appreciated!!
Thanks,
Pat
finsntins

Post by finsntins »

yes,just like you said,just make sure its a medium to heavy tension clip like an OR 19 or scotty 1177,if you use to light of a pinch pad,it might release it as soon as the net hits the water.if you have a net with a handle that does not extend,you can use a screw and washer or a pop rivet to secure snap or clip to the handle,if its an extendable net handle,you can just do a few wraps of electrical tape to secure it to the net handle.
Mistress

Post by Mistress »

Thanks much for one of the best fishing hacks I have heard in some time! Being second timers on Ontario and having lost a few big ones at the back of the boat, getting caught in 6’-8’ seas nine miles from the launch and running meat rigs wrong we need all the help we can get :lol:
finsntins

Post by finsntins »

dont need to be crafty to catch fish,just need to be lucky!!!!!!
Mistress

Post by Mistress »

No doubt a little luck plays into it, my wife being my good luck charm!! Practically every 5# plus Champlain salmon caught aboard the Mistress was by her. I told her I was having a bobble head doll made of her to bring to Oswego. She was not amused.......