Christmas Fishing

General discussion not related to Lake Champlain.
Speedy
Species: Trout/Salmon

Christmas Fishing

Post by Speedy »

Last year was my last as Hospital Chaplain and collected a boat load of new car toys and models.
This year I got sick watching TV News showing a million illegals entering our USA, so I went Fishing
Instead for Real People. For bait I Used a dozen StarBuck’s hot coffees, Dunkin Donuts, warm gloves, a few new heavy Chamois shirts and a Smile.
Next trip (different spot) I brought two 5ths. of Canadian Club and Jack Daniels (hidden in a brown paper bags) with large bottles of ginger ale and a stack of cups.
Also shook each ones hand and gave each a $20.00. Even a poor lady had a broken shoe lace, so I tied a fisherman’s knot and got her going again. Last trip I brought my old Scout master’s
Pack Basket (from Vermont) filled with camping gear, and warm goodies, and also a $20.00., and gave that to two ladies out there drifting. Everyone one was a United States citizen.
So I caught my limit and ran out of bait but considered it all good fishing trips.
Merry Christmas
“Tight Lines”
Speedy
Attachments
Deacon Bob passing out gloves,coffee and cash to homeless.jpg
Deacon Bob passing out gloves,coffee and cash to homeless.jpg (116.98 KiB) Viewed 1592 times
SPEEDY DEACON 2.JPG
SPEEDY DEACON 2.JPG (148.7 KiB) Viewed 1592 times
Speedy Bob helping with lady's shoe.jpg
Speedy Bob helping with lady's shoe.jpg (190.15 KiB) Viewed 1592 times
Pack Basket from VT filled ith Xmas goodies and a $20.jpg
Pack Basket from VT filled ith Xmas goodies and a $20.jpg (173.06 KiB) Viewed 1592 times
Speedy Bob and Real U.S. Citizens- Xmas 2024.JPG
Speedy Bob and Real U.S. Citizens- Xmas 2024.JPG (97.28 KiB) Viewed 1592 times
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Re: Christmas Fishing

Post by Reelax »

Go speedy!

When will you return to Champlain?
Matt B
Speedy
Species: Trout/Salmon

Post by Speedy »

Running Yard Sales, Give-a-ways, etc. now. Hope to have my 3,065 sq ft AZ house almost empty late Feb. and hopefully get a Buyer for it as a almost "Turn Key" AZ house and get out to my Newport 1,040 sq. ft. (99% furnished already) house in March. Driving my rig out with the 16 ft. Aluma Craft.

Bought my 19 ft. Sea Nymph (with cabin) from Jon who only used it in Champlain (Long straight wide ramps) Found out one one NE Lake (Crystal) steep drop off ramp which makes a sharp 45 degree swing and then between several large boulders at the ramp opening. The one day that wasn't raining but had some wind gave me a challenge getting it into the ramp and one the trailer straight (by myself). Now I know why the bigger boats have 1st mates and or a group of guys. LOL I'll get it out on your lake ASAP. Merry Christmas. Speedy
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Nice fishing Speedy. Merry Christmas.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)