River reports...

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
TUnamas

River reports...

Post by TUnamas »

Because of back surgery, I've been off the lake. Meanwhile, I like to monitor reports and conditions. Today I met with my surgeon (the report was good) but I also learned that he's become a fly fisherman! He's been fishing with someone who clearly knows his stuff, from Middlebury to Stowe and beyond. His reports were really good (fishing 3-4 nights a week), and confirmed what I've been hearing. Despite the high water in the main systems, the tribs are still fishing really well. While I'm tempted to fish the lake this weekend now that I have med clearance (and it seems the fleas aren't too bad), I think I'm going to start by chasing trout in the tribs, Stay tuned. I'll be throwing streamers for browns!
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Re: River reports...

Post by Reelax »

Strengthen that back on the rivers and we will troll the big lake soon Scott. Hope all is well. Glad to hear your got the OK to start fishing again!!
Matt B
TUnamas

Re: River reports...

Post by TUnamas »

We've had a lot of rain, and cooler temps. Rivers right now are near perfect. Nymphs? Yes! Dries? Yes! Hopper dropper? Yes! Streamers? Tight to cover but absolutely, and bigger fish. This is early June on Steroids!