Inland Sea

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
striper192001
Species: salmon

Inland Sea

Post by striper192001 »

Last Sunday headed up to Inland sea with my lovely bride to try and put some fish in the livewell. Pretty good breeze from the south so motored over and set up on deep side of ledge outside of Eagle mountain and headed north. Set up two lines as my bride doesn't have a license and with help from the fish hawk found temp down at 67 feet. Each line had a slider on it so 4 lures out. Had to check every so often for the perch that want to get hooked. Looked over and rod was straight up in the air and not loaded. I grabbed it and started to reel. It began to feel heavy and something was there but wasn't acting like silver.......I was wondering ........could it be............oh yeah........it is a walleye, I yell for my bride to get the net....she throws down her book and takes a couple three tries to get it into the net and we turn the livewell on. Get settled and take some pics of my PB walleye as I don't fish for these guys too much. 24.5 inch ! I tried to stretch it to 25............lol
It came on a slider with a Crazy Ivan .........not sure what it is called but one of my favorites. It is green, pink stripe and black dots and I believe brass back. Probably would have been a good idea to throw that old girl back.............but it was just too good in the fry pan !!

Imageshell gas station near me hours
Profishinglure
Species: Salmon

Re: Inland Sea

Post by Profishinglure »

Wow nice one
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Nice catch. Congrats on your PB.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
Mistress
Species: cold water

Post by Mistress »

Congrats! Nice walleye indeed!! I have had luck catching them in that general area on evening/night runs this time of year but not so much the past 2 years. Just finished replacing front trailer bunks and might fish in that area tomorrow if N wind is too much for the west side (broad lake). Don’t be too hard on your gal’s netting skills, if you want to see something you should watch my wife do her impersonation of Serena Williams at Wimbledon when she has the net!!
Good luck to all!
Pat
Red Barchetta
Species: Trout

Post by Red Barchetta »

That's a beauty walleye, congrats!
What did the rest of the day look like?
striper192001
Species: salmon

Post by striper192001 »

Forgot to mention.............kept having to reel in and release the pesky perch. Also after.........caught one shaker and one nice salmon that threw the hook on the second jump. That one was 20 inch plus We quit prior to noon.

Love that net story Pat !
Capt Kirk
Species: Salmon

Post by Capt Kirk »

Donate the $30 to F&W and get your wife a license…
If shes in the boat with you shes “fishing”….
If she netted your fish thats a guaranteed fine most likely more expensive than a license….
Then again I haven’t registered my boat in years so not sure I should be giving advice???
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Great report. Gotta love a late summer bugeye.

Thanks for sharing
Matt B