White perch???

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Big_Pissah
Species: Lake trout , salmon bass pike

White perch???

Post by Big_Pissah »

How's it going everyone? Pretty new to the forum but I've been reading post and fishing the lake for about 5 years now, I've seen a lot of guys out on the water but don't know names I've got the 25ft glastron v233 that's white and blue named big pisgah. So my question is where are the white perch hammering right now? In the past few years I've been able to kill them in the IS and some by westport but this year is very odd and haven't caught but a couple for some reason, and info and tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, tight lines
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Re: White perch???

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Welcome to the forum.
I cannot answer your question about the white perch. I am presently on the Atlantic shore for the summer.
I am sure many other members can provide feedback.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Over the past 2 years the white perch troll take has died down to 0 in all areas I used to get them. No idea why, but they seem to be gone. Inland sea is now producing fat yellow perch in the troll along with some nice silvers:)

Good luck.
Matt B
Big_Pissah
Species: Lake trout , salmon bass pike

Post by Big_Pissah »

Thanks reelax for the info, are you speaking of the southern end or northern or both specifically? Last summer trolling I got some monster whites and decent amount anchored down in keelers bay by the island but been slim to none this year, I have trolled for silvers in the sea this year but not much luck mainly down by converse is where I've gotten the majority this year, Sunday seems to be the better day this weekend to get out so maybe I'll see ya out there